My Wife's Inc keeps prompting to update.

dzowada

Reaction score
This is a bit strange, my Wifes Inc has 4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys with Kernel version 2.6.35-g55a06e5, yet it keeps announcing that it will reboot to install a new update. It goes through the countdown then does not reboot. Just goes back to normal as if there never was an update to install.

Not being up on the latest Inc info, since I upgraded to the Thunderbolt, I THINK that she already has the latest update installed.
Any ideas?

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
I dont know but my incredible started doing that a few months ago and now you can read my problems on my thread "Please Help". Hopefully it doesnt end like this for you. For me it was a steady influx of issues, slowly getting worse until it put me here. Watch the replies to my thread, maybe you can get some help there.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Diesel, your upgrading issue is unrelated to the OP's current issue.

OP
D

dzowada

Reaction score
It may not be completely related, but I do appreciate the response. I may try to find the latest stock rom and reflash. Thanks for trying.

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
I tried to do that yesterday and it wouldn't take. Still had the red (!). But I did take it to Verizon and they said it was dead. They wouldn't even let me trade it in haha. So, I bought the razr.....and viola, loving Droid again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

crashN2u

Reaction score
Same issue for my wife. Prompt. Fail. Prompt. Fail. It finally went through, but nothing changed. There weren't any reboots. Now her device is showing her as up to date.

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Yup that's familiar. The update prompt may return with failed attempts again.