Nandroid backups cause bootloop

tk1269

Reaction score
I had finally tweaked my phone to where I liked it, but as always, theres more things to try. Got the ROM Toolbox, messed around in there a little, and wanted to change the battery icon. It said it was in beta, so make a backup first. I rebooted into clockwork recovery, made a backup, then applied the battery icon change. It changed a lot of things on my phone, but not the battery icon, and then wouldn't let me un-change it. So I rebooted into clockwork again, cleared all data and such, and restored the backup I had just made. This dropped me into a bootloop. Pulled battery, tried again, bootloop. Finally I had to sbf back to stock, then tried to load backup again, bootloop. Eventually I gave up and started from scratch, but I would really like to know why my backups are no longer working. Since starting over, I have made nandroids and they work fine, but none of the older ones will work. Anyone know whats up with that?

this happened to me when i used clockwork recovery also (a long time ago). honestly from my experience (and i think many other people's) clockwork sucks. If you're willing to leave clockwork and use SP or RZ maybe it'll work?

I can't say for sure if it was clockwork that caused it for me, but i left clockwork for many other reasons and it never happened again...

Czer, thanks for your input. Since reading your post I did some research and decided to go with RZ. Almost everyone had nothing but good things to say, but I am having trouble getting it to work on my phone. I downloaded the .zip file, and tried to flash it, but it says there is something wrong with the file and it won't open up. I don't suppose you have a copy of it for me to try. . . ?

Czer, thanks for your input. Since reading your post I did some research and decided to go with RZ. Almost everyone had nothing but good things to say, but I am having trouble getting it to work on my phone. I downloaded the .zip file, and tried to flash it, but it says there is something wrong with the file and it won't open up. I don't suppose you have a copy of it for me to try. . . ?

Hey man no I deleted the zip off my card after I flashed it. What msg are you getting when you try to flash it? My suggestion would be try redownloading and try again. I think rz has two different files depending on which recovery you currently have so make sure you're using the right one

Back