Need Browser Suggestions

droidxchat

Reaction score
Was wondering if people could give me suggestions on a new browser. I'm so fed up with the stock one. I don't understand how they thought it would be a good idea to place the clear all button at the far right end of the search bars (the circle with an x in it that clears the address bar). That's the spot you need to hit when you want to append something to the end of the search, but when you try to, half the time you'll end up hitting the x and clearing the whole search. Not to mention that two millimeters to the right of the x is the search button to start the search... i dont even have fat fingers and i'm hitting the "x" half the time and clearing the search when i'm trying to start it.

You can see what I mean on the google search bar.

Anyway, the stock browser is fast enough for my needs so i'm looking for something about that speed or faster. Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try dolphin browser hd. I think it's user interface is a bit more polished than stock and imo it runs a little faster.

tappin and a talkin

Dee Double You

Reaction score
Try SkyFire. I used to use it when I had Windows Mobile and it was the best out there. I use it on my new DX now as well.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Its really going to boil down to personal preference, as you can see. You will see many different recommendations, Dolphin (a strong browser), Opera (opinions vary), and Skyfire ( I like this one). Theres also Firefox mobile, I'm assuming you're running a DroidX? Just google Firefox mobile and check for compatibility, I have a D1, and as soon as they unglitch it for my device I will be using that.
I would recommend trying the few I've mentioned each for a day or so, see what you like best.