Need help with roms

jtnktz

Reaction score
So I think im ready to go big with my DX. I want to install a cool rom with free wireless tethering capabilities and other fun features . Now I want something that looks cool but I guess there are different themes that will take care of that. I am worried however that I will loose my contacts. How do I assure that I wont loose them? Assuming my pictures and videos have nothing to do with the rom they will stay there correct?

My current rom is already backed up with the bootstrap for dx. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated andthank you in advanced.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your photos and videos will be safe since they're on the SD card. Best thing imo to do for contacts is to export them to the SD card. Open the contacts app and then hit menu. On the blur contacts I think you have to choose more and then import/export and export to SD. That way if they don't sync with Google then you can import them later.

tappin and a talkin

OP
J

jtnktz

Reaction score
Alright cool so now im guranteed to keep my contacts safe.

Now as far as roms go... which does would everyone recommend?

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
It also depends on if you want to go blur or blurless, If you want blurless, then +1 for Liberty.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
You will be happy with either Liberty or Rubix. Currently on Liberty, but have really enjoyed Rubix as well. Can't say anything about others.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is Motorola's skin that goes over top of android. Including social networking and news feed type stuff plus their mms camera and such.

tappin and a talkin

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Yea blurr is a little to intrusive for me. I am a big fan of stock android.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Iv'e tried them all

The fastest for me is darkslide 4.2, I chose with blur cause I like a few blur features, I tried both and I dont see any speed difference with all the widget I run with or without blur, I love the blur dock and other things.