How to install a rom on dx

droidXTZ

Reaction score
So im new to rooting a dx and I was wondering how do u flash a rom I already have a bootstraper but can someone tell me how to flash a rom? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid X

Ro6d33zY

Reaction score
First & Foremost, go into the Bootstrap app & make a complete backup.

Hit "Bootstrap Recovery," then hit "Reboot Into Recovery" (This takes you to "Clockwork Recovery".)

Once in "Clockwork Recovery," your gonna use the "Volume Hard Keys" to scroll down to "Backup and Restore." Then use the "Red Camera Button" to hit "Backup...."
This will make a complete backup, just in case, and its always good to have a "Stock Backup".....

Now, on to installing a Rom....
This is pretty easy....

Your gonna want to Download the Rom of your choice, from your phone, onto your SD Card.

Then go back to the Bootstrap App.
Once again, and like you always will, hit "Bootstrap Recovery." Then hit "Reboot Into Recovery."

Once again you'll be in "Clockwork Recovery..."

Now use your "Volume Hard Keys" again to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Cache," and use the "Red Camera Burton" to hit that (this is a must when installing a Rom for the first time & most other times as well.)

Now scroll to "Install From SD Card."
Pick the exact file you downloaded onto your SD Card earlier. Hit "Install."

Now let it work its magic.....
When its done, reboot your phone....
Don't worry if it takes long to reboot. I've had it take up to 10 mins to reboot my phone after installing a new rom....

Hope this helps-

Swyped with my Droid X! Flying with Liberty & OC to 1.4 Ghz

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Might want to export your contacts to your sdcard before hand, most ROMs don't support Backup Assistant.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Ro6d33zY

Reaction score
All the contacts you've added as "Favorites" are stored on your SD Card, thus still bring there when you switch Roms.
Most of my other contacts come back when I resync with FB.
So if you have important contacts you need, just add them as a "Favorite" and you'll be straight.

Swyped with my Droid X! Flying with Liberty & OC to 1.4 Ghz

OP
D

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! About to flash ApeX 1.3.1!

Sent from my Droid X

KHeeney5

Reaction score
If you get stuck my writeup in my signature is written for ApeX, but will obviously work with any ROM. GOOD LUCK!

hackja4fun

Reaction score
There is no reason to do that with the contacts. All you have to do is go to Settings>Accounts>Your Account> Sync Contacts & everything else if you like.

OP
D

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Thanks im really liking this rom but I have one question. Is there a way I can just use the stock 3G mobile hotspot app instead of using the wireless tether for root users app that you can download from the market?

Sent from my ApeX

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Thanks im really liking this rom but I have one question. Is there a way I can just use the stock 3G mobile hotspot app instead of using the wireless tether for root users app that you can download from the market?

Sent from my ApeX

I "think" you can go to Fab's first post for ApeX (first or second) and download the removed apps zip, unzip it and find the 3g hotspot apk and install that on your phone... I think. Lol.

OP
D

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Ok. But will that allow me to use it for free since I have root?

Sent from my Droid X