Need smart action help

cece5702

I can't use Wifi at work so I tried using a timeframe as a trigger instead of location and than set some actions and it works perfect. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

cece5702

It would be great if Smart Actions could make coffee in the morning when I get to work!! Lol....

thaDroidz

Silver Member
It would be great if Smart Actions could make coffee in the morning when I get to work!! Lol....

http://androidcommunity.com/appresso-android-coffee-maker-20100612/
androidcoffee-sg.jpg

----posted maxx'ed out----

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
I can't use Wifi at work so I tried using a timeframe as a trigger instead of location and than set some actions and it works perfect. :)

Even though you can't use WIFI at work (and even if there isn't a WIFI location anywhere), Verizon's WIFI Auto-on will STILL turn on WIFI if you set work as a location. It doesn't matter that there isn't WIFI, all Verizon WIFI Auto-on is doing is determining your location using the Cell sites to triangulate you, and then turning on the WIFI radio at those locations you specify.

You don't NEED WIFI available for the Verizon app to work, but you DO need WIFI ON for Smart Actions Location triggers to work. So instead of the timeframe as you've set, you can replace that with the Smart Actions Location trigger instead and all will work fine.

cece5702

Even though you can't use WIFI at work (and even if there isn't a WIFI location anywhere), Verizon's WIFI Auto-on will STILL turn on WIFI if you set work as a location. It doesn't matter that there isn't WIFI, all Verizon WIFI Auto-on is doing is determining your location using the Cell sites to triangulate you, and then turning on the WIFI radio at those locations you specify.

You don't NEED WIFI available for the Verizon app to work, but you DO need WIFI ON for Smart Actions Location triggers to work. So instead of the timeframe as you've set, you can replace that with the Smart Actions Location trigger instead and all will work fine.

This is confusing! Don't mean to act dumb but if I'm not allowed to use wifi at work I don't see why I should set up a location trigger for my work address and cause wifi to come on all day and I'm not using it? I don't get!! :-(

This is confusing! Don't mean to act dumb but if I'm not allowed to use wifi at work I don't see why I should set up a location trigger for my work address and cause wifi to come on all day and I'm not using it? I don't get!! :-(

Your not being dumb. The program being talked about if used at your work would turn on wifi if you set it as a location. So your right if you can't use wifi at work your nor going to see it up so it will not come on. I like tasker because it will use location with out wifi. So with tasker you could set your work location and then set wifi off. Smart actions does not work that way which is why they are telling you about the Verizon wifi app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. You're right that if you don't have wifi at work, having wifi on "all day" may not be as efficient for power consumption as other methods, including your timeframe alternative. I was more just trying to show everyone that it was a viable workaround to the problem of needing wifi on to have location triggers with Smart Actions function normally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk