New D2G soak test

juv3

Reaction score
So if i install the soak test 4.5.607 can i install or update to the Official Release when it comes out?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
4.5.607 is the official release.

It most probably will be upgradable to newer firmware, because it was used in the soak test, thus, as the people who participated in the soak test should be able to upgrade, there will be a way to upgrade from 4.5.607.

juv3

Reaction score
4.5.607 is the official release.

It most probably will be upgradable to newer firmware, because it was used in the soak test, thus, as the people who participated in the soak test should be able to upgrade, there will be a way to upgrade from 4.5.607.
Right but what if i downlod and flash the Soak test 4.5.607, but wasn't part of the soak, will they find out and block me from upgrading or allow me to?

americanz

Reaction score
i beleive the soak is 4.5.601 i was on soak and that what i have. only people i see posting about .607 is dx and d2g

Byakushiki

Reaction score
4.5.601 is normal Droid 2. Dx I believe, has 602. Droid 2 Global is 4.5.606 AND 4.5.607.

Asphyx

Reaction score
d2g has one up on the d2 then cuz i got the soak for d2 and its is 4.5.601

The versioning system Moto uses has nothing to do with what is inside of the package. All the lower number on the D2 release means is they developed that D2 version about 6 versions before they came out with the D2G version.
Anything that is different between the two is most likely only D2G related anyway!

the .606 and .607 releases are both for the D2G. I don't know if anyone has identified what was different but I would bet the GB itself is virtually the same and there may be some minor tweak to fix some bugs in the libraries but thats about it.

If I'm not mistaken the D2/DX are both running Android 2.3.4 aren't they? (I could be wrong on that!)
D2G release is only 2.3.3 so if thats the case the D2 has a lower version number but a slightly newer android base!
So don't read much into the higher version number.

the CM7 that is being developed to run under the GB kernel is Android 2.3.5!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
No, Dx and D2 should still be on 2.3.3. No big difference though from 2.3.5, other than some NFC changes and such.

czervick212

Reaction score
well that was a real kick to the *gut. sbf'd and everything came back to stock and go to update and there it is ...for .303. did that and now there is no option to update to .606. what the hell. i dont want to on stock without my freaking data!

Last edited by a moderator:

czervick212

Reaction score
In Recovery? I did that, went into stock recovery, hit apply sdcard:update.zip. starts, goes for a couple seconds, failed to verify whole-file signature. signature verification failed. Instalation Aborted. This is after I sbf'd this morning. Do I need to download the update.zip from somewhere? im such a scrub...

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Make sure you have the right update.zip. Oh and turn off hidden extensions if you're on windows, they can cause a great deal of pain. Had to when I rooted my Droid 1, update.zip kept becoming update.zip.zip.

czervick212

Reaction score
How do i make sure I have the right one though? I updated to .303 and then went into check for updates again and it said I was up to date. Is there a way to check it from my sd card? I'm not rooted right now because I dont want to botch anything when I eventually do update (supposedly z4root screws up a verification or something?) so I'm not sure if i can see the root of my sd card considering im not rooted... hahaha. but yeah its connected to my computer and i dont see an update.zip so that could be the problem

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just download the leaked file from rootzwiki, then rename that to update.zip. Power down, then power up while holding x, hit the (hardkey) search button. Select and hit ok on apply update.zip from sd card, and the update will take place.