New Droid 4 with HDMI cable Help appreciated

bkemperga

Reaction score
Have a new Droid 4. Bought an HDMI to Micro HDMI to connect to my monitor/w HDMI imput. But I've gotten nowhere. I can't seem to find much info on how to do anything with it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

OP
B

bkemperga

Reaction score
Thanks. But it is checked. Neither the phone or monitor detect the other. I'm apparently missing a program with appropriate drivers. Just doesn't seem to be much written out there about it. Just reading about Webtop 3.0. Wondering if that works???

OP
B

bkemperga

Reaction score
Think I've answered my own question. It seems WEBTOP is dead and there isn't a lot of use for HDMI on the Droid 4.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
ICS has webtop, unless you uninstalled or froze something it should be there.

BTW, one of the things I miss on the Jelly Bean roms is Webtop.

OP
B

bkemperga

Reaction score
Webtop on ICS

Interesting that you say that Webtop should be there. I just got this phone from Verizon abt a month ago. I direct an IT operation, and usually know what I've done ... or not. This phone (Droid 4) came with ICS installed. There's no Webtop on it now. I don't believe that I delete anything called Webtop.(wouldn't delete something without knowing what it does) AND, I can't find any program on here that uses HDMI.

But I read where Google/Motorola had decided to drop Webtop. So I assume that it was removed from phones recently sold.

It's also interesting that there is so little info that I can find for smartphone/PC interface applications.