New phone every 2 question

rjsurfer

Reaction score
My wife and I are on the same plan with Verizon and we are now eligible for new phones at discount. I'm going with the Droid but my wife doesn't see a need yet to upgrade her phone, primarily because she has no data needs (such a practical woman:)) and none of the new non-data phones are much better than what she has.

Can I upgrade mine without effecting her "new every two"?

Ron W>

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Each line has it's on NE2 date... so your update will not affect hers.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the NE2 discount only applies to the primary line.

if she does not choose to upgrade now it wont affect her line she will just have the ability to upgrade whenever she chooses.

soyboy

Reaction score
Yep. I upgraded my daughter (to a Dare) last summer, I got a Droid in November and I have three other lines that are still eligible and have been for several years (with the economy I have not wanted to lock into to many contracts in case I have to bail due to job loss).

tomlist704

Reaction score
I heard if you upgrade your phone and it is the primary number you will get the full discount. After this, switch your wife's number to the primary and then her phone # will be eligible for the full discount as well. Make sure you don't miss out on any programs that if you buy a droid you get XXX for free or something. Is a client forced to have a data plan on the Droid? If not the phone has wifi, so she would just need to text and use wifi at home. I am guessing Verizon does not want this option.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard if you upgrade your phone and it is the primary number you will get the full discount. After this, switch your wife's number to the primary and then her phone # will be eligible for the full discount as well. Make sure you don't miss out on any programs that if you buy a droid you get XXX for free or something. Is a client forced to have a data plan on the Droid? If not the phone has wifi, so she would just need to text and use wifi at home. I am guessing Verizon does not want this option.
All smartphones are required to have a data plan.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
My wife and I upgraded to VX-8300s 3 1/2 years ago. Since then I have upgraded twice - enV and now Droid. Her line is primary, but I was able to use her NE2 $50 discount both times. She could upgrade at any time, but won't get the extra $50 NE2 discount until 20 months past my upgrade last month. Either one of us can use it every 20 months.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Your good too go Buddy, it wont affect her line at all