New Root for S5 and Other Devices (6/15/14)

I rooted my 900T with this and then installed SuperSU successfully using "normal" mode (not recovery flash)

Happy with this for now... because it does NOT trip the Knox flag (verified this myself).

Then I installed Xposed Framework + Wanam Xposed pack and I was able to do two awesome things: Disable the annoying volume limiter warning message, and disable Exchange security (don't want to disrespect my company's exchange policy but I wanted to use fingerprint unlock which they have not enabled yet... now I can)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
I rooted my S5 on Saturday morning and it was about as painless as it gets. Of all devices I've owned android since 2009, this was the easiest ROOT method. The worst was the Thunderbolt.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
I rooted my S5 on Saturday morning and it was about as painless as it gets. Of all devices I've owned android since 2009, this was the easiest ROOT method. The worst was the Thunderbolt.
Really? I don't remember the Thunderbolt being that hard.

Sent from Big Blue Country

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Really? I don't remember the Thunderbolt being that hard.

I spent hours trying to get mine to root. And, there was a very helpful guy who moved barges on the Mississippi River (can't remember his name) worked with me over GTalk.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
I remember installing a program on my computer, then hooking my phone up to it and pressing like 3 buttons. I think.

OP
bweN diorD

bweN diorD

there used to be an app available on the market way back when called Z4 root. it was an app just like this, but it also had the ability to unroot.
it was just this easy only surpassing with the ability to unroot from within the app.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Ahhh I remember Z4root. I used that on my husbands X. Vulcan you are thinking of Captain D. He was great and always wanted to help on the Thunderbolt. I do remember it being a bit difficult to root. But nothing compares to the OD. Had to type all that code in by hand. It was crazy.

Sent from my S5

tanwill

Sorry guys ..... i am new here.

First time doing roots on my S5 SM-G900F (be gentle with me).

Any tutorial on using the Towelroot ?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
I haven't seen one. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. My understanding it an app so you just let it do it's thing with no intervention.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Check unknown sources in security settings, download the app, install it, open it, click the button to root.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

I noticed geohot realeased "v2".

Just be sure you install SuperSU (select 'Normal' method when you run it). You need your root "gatekeeper" for security... otherwise, your phone is just wide open for anything that comes along.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry guys ..... i am new here.

First time doing roots on my S5 SM-G900F (be gentle with me).

Any tutorial on using the Towelroot ?
Our own Droid Modder X released a very good video:

[video=youtube_share;i6EVPeHkz4k]http://youtu.be/i6EVPeHkz4k[/video]