New to Sapphire

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Just flashed 0.8.4 for the first time and was wondering if someone could help me out with the notification bar lingo. Is there a place I can see what item will change what? Some of it is pretty obvious (ongoing notifications) but others I am not so sure about, ticker, clear notifications.

I've tried trial by error but I am not gaining much ground. Maybe I'm just fried - I've been flashing like crazy today :D

Any help is appreciated!

jayman350

Reaction score
Check out the wiki page for color codes to match the different themes. The colors can be changed in gems settings, you gotta reboot for them too take effect.
Welcome to Sapphire it's an awesome ROM with great people behind it

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Check out the wiki page for color codes to match the different themes. The colors can be changed in gems settings, you gotta reboot for them too take effect.
Welcome to Sapphire it's an awesome ROM with great people behind it

Ah - thanks for the reboot tip! Thought I was loosing my mind, LOL!
What do you mean by wiki page?

jayman350

Reaction score
start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

That is the official CVPCS Sapphire website. You will be able to d/l just about everything Sapphire from here. If you click on the link for 0.8.4 it will show you the themes available. Under those theme pages they have a list of the color codes to match up with the theme's colors.

You can file bug reports from here as well.

maybbmay

Reaction score
From another Yankee in the South, thanks for the wiki link and explanation as well! Stupid me wasn't clicking on the release links and never realized all that was there. (FAIL)

dragonflyr

Reaction score
i'm gonna hijack this thread if you don't mind .. :)

i, too, just flashed 0.8.4 friday night and everything went perfect. no problems with anything.

my question is: from what i've read, it appears this rom has an overclock kernal built into it. how do I enable or configure the speed??

thanks in advance!!

Armyof2

Reaction score
i'm gonna hijack this thread if you don't mind .. :)

i, too, just flashed 0.8.4 friday night and everything went perfect. no problems with anything.

my question is: from what i've read, it appears this rom has an overclock kernal built into it. how do I enable or configure the speed??

thanks in advance!!

you're looking for an app called SetCPU. It will enable the OC change speeds and set up profiles. I believe it's a couple bucks but it's well worth it

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
+1 for setCPU.

BTW - Loving this ROM!! For the first time I am able to run a 1.25Ghz kernel on my phone ... and a low voltage one too!!
Paired this bad-boy up with roberj13's Alternate Dark theme and it's slick as eel turd!

Armyof2

Reaction score
he didn't add "ya'll" at the end so there may be hope to save him...but it doesn't look promising

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

RobStemen

Reaction score
He hasn't been converted yet. Y'all is actually spelled y'all, not ya'll