New update today

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Did anyone else get the latest update? Said it was a security update. Could it possibly be the precursor to our long awaited Lollipop update??

My guess is no, but at least they are still thinking about us... my system # 24.13.3

Chris

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No. I suspect it's the stagefreight patch.

doogald

Reaction score
Yep, it's stagefright patch. There is still one stagefright vulnerability , but they patched most of the stagefright flaws with this.

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
how does this bode for lollipop? on the one hand, they're still supporting the phone, on the other hand, they spent their limited resources dedicated to this phone to patching a theoretical security flaw, even though no one i know in real life has ever been affected.

my research indicates that lollipop was ready to go for droid maxx back in july, but then it was pulled due to some "problems." I stay hopeful because the Razr Maxx HD got updated to kitkat like a year or two after kitkat had come out.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Anyone spot anything worth knowing about ???

I just got it right now....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone spot anything worth knowing about ???

I just got it right now....
If its the same stagefright 1 patch that was recently sent out for the Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, and Moto X 2013 you may not notice anything different. I don't think Moto added anything except the stagefright 1 vulnerability patch. I'd they did fix other bugs, they were not listed in any release notes that I could find.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

doogald

Reaction score
how does this bode for lollipop? on the one hand, they're still supporting the phone, on the other hand, they spent their limited resources dedicated to this phone to patching a theoretical security flaw, even though no one i know in real life has ever been affected.

It's always a plus to patch security flaws, and Motorola didn't have to spend too many resources - Google supplied they patches.

my research indicates that lollipop was ready to go for droid maxx back in july, but then it was pulled due to some "problems." I stay hopeful because the Razr Maxx HD got updated to kitkat like a year or two after kitkat had come out.

I'd love to see that research about July.

The Maxx HD got KitKat 7 months after release. The 2013 Droids are now over 12 months and counting since Lollipop was released.