New User with a Droid with 2.2.1 version, build FRG83D

dsasbsd

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to these Forums. I am hoping to get information that I can't seem to find anywhere else.

Hopefully, I am not the only one out there with my question(s). If they have been previously asked and answered, feel free to direct me in the right direction.

Ok, now on that note...what brought me here originally is that I am looking for anyone who can give me information on whether it is possible to stop duplicate pop up from the preinstalled Messaging (Text) and Handscent SMS.

I installed Handscent because it has features that the preinstalled app doesn't and set Handscent as the default messaging application. The problem that I have is that when I get a text message then both Apps pop up the message on the screen. Obviously, this is an annoyance in and of itself. However, I recently purchased a FINITI headset, and it is now causing problem with this since it is designed to read text messaging.

So, if there is anyone out there who can tell if there is a way to stop the preinstalled messaging app from popping up, I would appreciate your help.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. Open your preinstalled messanger and go to its settings. Make sure you have notifications unchecked. That should work. If you have any more questions just ask.

OP
D

dsasbsd

Reaction score
Preinstalled Messaging and Handscent SMS

Thanks CJM, but I don't think that I explained it well enough.
I am looking to stop the message still "Pops Up" on the screen. When I do as you suggest while the notification no longer shows up in the status bar but still "Pops Up" on the screen.
This is the issue I am trying to resolve since not only does the canned messaging program display this but so do the Handscent application. This is causing problems with my Motorola FINITI headset since it starts to read one and then stops when the 2nd message pops up.
Any help from any user out there will be appreciated.