No internet connection on Bionic

traceyjo

Reaction score
I have had the Bionic for about 5 weeks. Since the beginning I have had Internet problems where it will connect sometimes and sometimes I have no connection. I took my Bionic in and they did a factory reset. I still had the problem. They sent me a new Bionic. I still had the problem. They then put in a new SIM card last night. I am still having the connection problem. My text and my email will work, but going into the Market or the Browser I cannot do. 2 phones and 2 SIM cards and still I am having the problem. Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it? It's going to go out my window pretty soon if it continues! Thanks!

susiecell

Reaction score
I have had same issue. Verizon has given me two answers - one is that as phone tries to search between 3G and 4G it gets stuck. Other is to make sure roaming is turned on in Data manager. That one may actually have fixed it - too early to tell. Hope this helps.

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
data manager - roaming

Thank you! I did not have roaming checked in data manager. I was actually on my way to Verizon to "demand" a different phone when I read your post. Of course I had to restart my phone to get a connection to read it! I'm crossing my fingers that this works for us both. Post if you loose connection again and I'll do the same. Thanks!

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
lost again

Well susiecell, I lost connection a couple of times since your post. For me, apparently, roaming wasn't the issue. I hope you had better luck!

kcann88

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue and I just spent an hour on the phone with verizon and they had me do a reset but I havent had enough time to see if it happens again. Let me know how yours is or what you end up doing because I dont want to spend wasted time going back and forth with them

felixtibs

Reaction score
Restart connections from the app market works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
Thank you Felixtibs. I just downloaded the App and am hopeful my phone survives my frustration another day. Keann88, give it a try. Don't waste all your time on the crap I did. Thanks again! B-)

kcann88

Reaction score
Well I called again today because I lost my connection and I gave them crap and questioned them about why everyone online is having the same problem and they say well I have the phone and its fine. Well of coarse you have no problems you work for verizon. So now they are sending me a new phone. I doubt that's the solution but might as well try.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I called again today because I lost my connection and I gave them crap and questioned them about why everyone online is having the same problem and they say well I have the phone and its fine. Well of coarse you have no problems you work for verizon. So now they are sending me a new phone. I doubt that's the solution but might as well try.

I think you will find that it is actually a very small (unlucky) few that are having this issue. There is a soon to be released OTA update that has new Radio and a new Kernel that is said to correct this issue. There are folks that have been brave enough to actually install the leaked .893 OTA. But I've not yet read of anyone that has this issue that has also installed the leaked .893. It is rumored that this update will be pushed to all of us in early November.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Rollerpatroller

Reaction score
[h=2]data manager - roaming[/h]I have been having the same problem with my internet. I just got the phone on sat and it has been a pain since. Although I just changed the data manager setting for roam and it worked, but for how long is the real question! Thanks

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
works better!

There are 2 other applications that I have tried that work the best. Try downloading Fast Reboot Pro and Restart Connections. Usually Fast Reboot Pro works (and has a handy widget) but sometimes when it doesn't work I do Restart Connections and then I always get it back.