No more wireless charging

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've decided not to use the wireless charging for two reasons. First, it's much slower than plugging directly into the wall and, more importantly, it creates way too much heat even if it's only been on the charger for 30 minutes or so. I'm using a Samsung wireless but I'm very concerned about the heating and bulging batteries.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Looks like these guys agrees.
http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-of-your-smartphone-battery-the-right-w-513217256

Avoid wireless charging
Wireless charging can be incredibly convenient if your phone can do it, but it's not without its disadvantages. The inductive, wireless chargers out there today have this nasty habit of generating a fair bit of waste heat. And while wasted energy is just a bummer in general, that heat will also toast your battery in the process. That's no bueno. It's a little less convenient, but standard plug-in charging is going to keep your battery in better shape, especially if you're some place warm to begin with.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Something I've been saying for like forever, heat being the byproduct of either rapid charging or wireless charging will shorten the life of the battery. However it would take a significant amount of external heat to do damage to these batteries. It's the anode which is in the center of the battery that suffers the damage due to heat. Rapid charging heats up the anode directly and to much higher temperatures so the damage happens at the point of the heat's hottest temperatures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I wonder what will happen with the GS7 "quick charging".