No official work from VZW about gingerbread for DROID pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Officially VZW and Moto have pulled the GB update for the DROID Pro! After the DROID X bricking issue with GB Moto pulled it and it'll be at least 3 weeks before it is officially released for download. It is next n line though before the D2 and D2 Global!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Did they continue sending out the updates again? Cuz this morning it was saying my device is up to date. Now its saying try again later?

Sent from my DROID PRO

rbw62

Reaction score
Yea, let's see it in action. Take the photos, video and post it if you have it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

google123

Reaction score
I try downloading the file from my phone and it always says download failed not supported on this phone

Sent from my DROID PRO

In order to download the zip file directly from your phone, you will need to try a third-party browser. I recommend Miren browser. You can download just about any file using that browser. I haven't had trouble downloading files with it anyway.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Just downloaded using dolphin hd browser. Now what do I do?

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Put it this way u can start a new thread stating that u got the info yourself from an insider. :)

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
The GBSW will definently be released for the Pro soon. As far as updates go the DX2 is next then it should be the Pro. Hope this helps.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Put it this way u can start a new thread stating that u got the info yourself from an insider. :)

Well, prepare for a healthy dose of skepticism. Anyone can come in and claim to be insider. Without a proven track record, anything said is just another rumor.

And if the update was pulled, I wonder why I received the OTA update this morning...

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
There has been no ota release of Gingerbread 2.3 for the DROID Pro so whatever you downloaded came from somewhere else. Moto has a policy of warning hardware owners not to download any "software updates" that haven't been confirmed or announced by Moto. If u call the Moto helpline they will inform u that what u downloaded wasn't SW developed or approved by Motorola. SMH

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Its common knowledge. If the software was being released in any form or fashion Motorola would say that it has been or is being released. Plain and simple! Why would Moto lie and say that it hasn't been released and it has? How does that make sence for a corp to deny something that they developed and released???? The DROID PRO UPDATE HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED FROM MOTOROLA TO VERIZON. GET IT?????

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There has been no ota release of Gingerbread 2.3 for the DROID Pro so whatever you downloaded came from somewhere else. Moto has a policy of warning hardware owners not to download any "software updates" that haven't been confirmed or announced by Moto. If u call the Moto helpline they will inform u that what u downloaded wasn't SW developed or approved by Motorola. SMH

Ok, but I hit "system updates" on my phone, which I've been doing every day since some folks started receiving it, and it downloaded and installed it. A lot of people have received it, just look around. I can't imagine that OTA on my phone coming from anyone else but Motorola...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Its common knowledge. If the software was being released in any form or fashion Motorola would say that it has been or is being released. Plain and simple! Why would Moto lie and say that it hasn't been released and it has? How does that make sence for a corp to deny something that they developed and released???? The DROID PRO UPDATE HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED FROM MOTOROLA TO VERIZON. GET IT?????

Being childish is a good way to get off on the right foot around here. Really, it is.

They've done it several times by rolling out an update in small numbers as kind of a test run without an announcement. A sort of way to check for any unseen bugs in their testing.

And I have it running on my phone. Not from a download online, but from an OTA download directly to my phone through system update. Many other people have had this as well. So something must have been released by Motorola/Verizon, whether it was intentional or not. Get it?

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
They do announce to VZW when they are performing SW tests on a group of hardware owners. Otherwise there would be no support from the carrier if something isn't functioning. Smh. Nothing is unintentionally released. Some1 had to enter several commands to send an ota update and that would be hard to do if the update hasn't been released to the carrier.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
They do announce to VZW when they are performing SW tests on a group of hardware owners. Otherwise there would be no support from the carrier if something isn't functioning. Smh. Nothing is unintentionally released. Some1 had to enter several commands to send an ota update and that would be hard to do if the update hasn't been released to the carrier.

Well, keep on shaking your head. Those of us who have it via an OTA download know that we have it. Something has been released to some extent, and there's plenty of proof for it.

StingRay

Reaction score

So what is your explanation for those Droid Pro users that received an OTA update notification on their phone, downloaded and now have Gingerbread running on their Pros?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its MORE common to find someone on THIS board that has received the update before VZW announces it.

I don't know where you have been but I also don't know why I'm giving you any acknowledgment.

Sent from my A855.

Status
Not open for further replies.