No touch/Other system bugs after rom tryouts

cr08

Reaction score
Long story made short: Yesterday I had some free time and I wanted to check out a few new roms I haven't looked at (including Kfazz's ICS builds). The ICS build I tried worked but after a few other GB rom's decided to go back to my nandroid backup (Steel Droid 10.8, been running solid with no issues up til now) and upon booting up the touch screen is completely unresponsive. Ok, first thing in mind was I SBF'd back to 100% stock. Unfortunately same thing. To boot if I use the Dpad to select emergency dial I end up with a FC on com.android.phone. I forget what else I tried but at one point even got an acore FC. Ok, SBF'd CWM back and installed Steel Droid from scratch. Same symptoms. Nandroid restore. Same.

I'm at a loss here. Am I looking at a bricked device? All of the main troubleshooting steps I am aware of for the OG are exhausted at this point. At this point I have already ordered a Droid X to replace it and using my old Q9c as backup in the meantime. But if the Droid can be resuscitated, I would be equally pleased and could simply use that as an upgrade for my mother from her Ally.

Thanks! :)

Dave Lister

Reaction score
Check out the thread on kfazz's JB build in the Moto Droid Development section of the XDA forums. The fix should be there.

OP
cr08

cr08

Reaction score
Thanks SO much. I flashed the latest JB build along with the safe kernel (the included kernel in the main JB zip bootlooped on the Mot logo) and it came up with touch working and phone operational. Kinda strange though as I assumed nandroid would restore everything 100% to how it was including the kernel. Do you think with it now operating again it is safe to do a nandroid restore again?