Note 4 Bluetooth Issue

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Just got a note 4 a few weeks ago and now having issues keeping the Bluetooth connected to my car. It will connect and then eventually will say Bluetooth failed. Anyone know what's up with this and have a solution to correct the problem

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Are you saying it worked when you first got it and now it's not? Have you tried forgetting the the device and setting it up again? Have you received any phone updates lately?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Are you saying it worked when you first got it and now it's not? Have you tried forgetting the the device and setting it up again? Have you received any phone updates lately?
It's works and then it doesn't basically I'll have it paired with my car for example and then it fails....I'll unpair it and repair then it corrects itself. ....and then happens again. ...I'll force stop the Bluetooth app and still continues to happen

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is this just with your car or do you have other devices you can try it with? I'd like to know if it is on the phones end of vehicle.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
It's with car and headphones apparently from what ive been reading it's a known issue with the note 4...and no one seems to know how to fix or resolve

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Chances are you are on 5.0 Android. There were a few known bugs with BT on our device on VZW.... Perhaps backing up all important data and trying a reset is a viable option

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Chances are you are on 5.0 Android. There were a few known bugs with BT on our device on VZW.... Perhaps backing up all important data and trying a reset is a viable option
I am on 5.0 with vzw....I'll just wait for the upgrade I guess ....rather not do a factory reset since I just got this phone. ..well see

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score
Website
www.photo-fix.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
In your settings for Bluetooth on the phone, tap the device you are connected to in the list. Tap the gear for that device on the right. When it opens, choose the mode you want to use in the list. There should be two. One for calls, one for media. I use mine with an Oontz Angle 3 speaker. If I turn OFF calls, it maintains well.