Note 4 Miscellaneous Files

chell313

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 4
I have a Note 4, which is running 5.0.1.
I was cleaning up my memory and discovered that my miscellaneous files is using 11.82gb, when I open the info on it there only appears to be about 2.5gb being used by apps shown in the details (when I add it all up).

9GB seems to be a lot of usage that I can't see. Any idea where this is coming from?

Thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Most of that space is the android system itself. When a phone comes with 32 gigs that's the total space before the OS and bloat is considered. So basically it's false advertising in a way when it comes to useable storage and there isn't much that can be done about it without root.

Getting yourself a nice sized sd card should be sufficient.

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited:
OP
C

chell313

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 4
Thanks,

9gb just seemed excessive for bloat ware and os.

Reaction score
If you look at the total in miscellaneous files it shows what I believe is miscellaneous files and system memory. It shows 5.56GB then if you click on miscellaneous files it shows you "system memory" and miscellaneous files. When I add up all the files which add up to 106MB plus system memory of 5.46GB it adds up to the 5.56GB. System memory is just a location reserved by the system to execute your apps so deleting those files will never gain you 5Gig back.

149794e653ac3d6551c64b88841364ca.jpg

34db54d40a0c9127cf9aa644f94a3b6a.jpg

samazon14

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I have a Note 4, which is running 5.0.1.
I was cleaning up my memory and discovered that my miscellaneous files is using 11.82gb, when I open the info on it there only appears to be about 2.5gb being used by apps shown in the details (when I add it all up).

9GB seems to be a lot of usage that I can't see. Any idea where this is coming from?

Thanks

My Note 4 was saying 9GB as well for Misc. files and I figured out mine was movies through Flixter I forgot I had downloaded.. Could be something similar?