notification light

teanpa

Reaction score
yeah me too..the blinking went normal after a period of time without any special action..perhaps i'll try the uninstall-reinstall process..
anyway, does the rooting and installing custom rom process solve this issue (and some other issues after the GB update)? i'm planning to do so..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I did this. It fixed not only my keyboard issue, but my navigation and notification light issue. Try it!!! :)

Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction.

I also unchecked: - "Vibrate on keypress." And I clearned learned words. Not sure if those two changes made a difference.

Good luck!

teanpa

Reaction score
And still no solution!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I did this. It fixed not only my keyboard issue, but my navigation and notification light issue. Try it!!! :)

Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction.

I also unchecked: - "Vibrate on keypress." And I clearned learned words. Not sure if those two changes made a difference.

Good luck!

teanpa

Reaction score
The fall back of the Verizon reps is always "some program interfering" when it's usually not. I don't have the app you're referring to, and I, too, have the flashy-light problem since the 2.3.3 update. Still looking for answers across the forum, no luck so far. As I post across the different threads, suggest you check back by searching "update green light" (that's how I found this thread) and perhaps someone will have figured it out for us!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Good luck!

fauxreall

Reaction score
or what app theyre using to change them? youd think it was in settings.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
so far I have seen green, red, and blue. I use handcent messaging which allows you to change the color of the LED, I have it set to blue for text messages, green is my missed call and red was when the batter was low. havent tried other colors through handcent yet.

edited to add: cyan, orange, and magenta work true to color as well through handcent

Last edited:

fic1

Reaction score
Can you change colors for different notifications, Using ics I get blue and green only, I want one for each thing like text message, missed call, email, voicemail. Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Light flow will allow you to assign colors to different notifications. Sometimes individual apps will allow you to assign a color but light flow covers everything. GB was the same... couldn't assign colors to type of notification.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you miss a call or text, does the notification light stay on indefinitely until you clear it or does it go off after a little while on its own? I need it to stay on until I clear it since I normally leave my phone on my desk at work and I need to see a missed call/text when I come back.

reybie

Reaction score
I used light manager from the play store to manage the LED light status. Give it a try.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I used light manager from the play store to manage the LED light status. Give it a try.

That's what I'm using and it seems to do the trick, though I've been having some issues with it closing itself overnight. Usually when I wake up I have a blue notification light, which I have set for texts/Facebook, but when I check the phone, I only have emails, which should flash green. Once I open up Light Manager, everything works correctly again. Not sure what's going on.

The notification light, by default, should blink until you clear it. You can set it to shut off automatically after a specified amount of time, but from what I can see, it will blink until you clear it.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The notification light, by default, should blink until you clear it. You can set it to shut off automatically after a specified amount of time, but from what I can see, it will blink until you clear it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I wanted to hear. HTC phones will stop blinking on their own after about five minutes and then I never know if I have a missed call/text. My Maxx is fine with the notification, I just don't want to lose that.
Thanks.

reybie

Reaction score
I've not let it go overnight without checking text yet. That's probably why I have not noticed it clearing the notification by itself. I used lightflow before the S4 so this is still a little new to me.