Notification Sounds and Ringtones.

Jormungand1342

Reaction score
So I just got the Razr HD and i'm loving it so far. Leaps and bounds over my old DroidX. One thing I wanted to do on this was set individual ringtones and notification tones for people. I got the app Whoisitlite and that seems to work well for me. One thing that keeps happening however is that the notification when a text message is received two notifications will sound. Is there a way to turn off the notifications for the phone so that only the one will play but won't effect my alarms or anything?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm, what happens when you open text messages, click on the 3 dots, go to settings and put the notification on silent on there? Does that silence the app too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
J

Jormungand1342

Reaction score
When I go under the settings for notification settings it has notification display, Select ringtone and vibrate settings. Nothing to silence it completly.

OP
J

Jormungand1342

Reaction score
Found out how by playing with the found. It was a so simple I can't believe it worked type thing. I just went into notification settings for texts and set a notification sound of silent. Wow just can't believe I didn't think of that before.