Notifications are not loud enough..

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing Escalating Ringtone. My Z Force has always had an escalating ringtone for calls and Alarms. That's the intended functionality according to Moto & Google and was not part of the recent software update. The call sound will start off very low and get louder with each ring / tone. The update was supposed to fix the low volume sound on all other notification sounds (text, e-mail, etc.).
My z force does what yours does @Sajo. So I'm happy with it too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Sounds like you are describing Escalating Ringtone. My Z Force has always had an escalating ringtone for calls and Alarms. That's the intended functionality according to Moto & Google and was not part of the recent software update. The call sound will start off very low and get louder with each ring / tone. The update was supposed to fix the low volume sound on all other notification sounds (text, e-mail, etc.).

My Z Force never had the escalating ringtone, until the sept. update, which completely screwed up the phone. After the last security update, everything went back to normal, until yesterday. At that point, the escalating ringtone kicked in. Now i'm waiting to see if the sound for the texts and emails will stop working. Sorry, but i'm dumping this phone just as soon as i can.:mad:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not happy or unhappy with an escalating ring tone and alarm sound, but I'm not crazy about it. I would prefer a normal sound volume every ring based in my current volume level. But it is what it is and I can understand why many people don't like the phone over this feature.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I believe that the feature can be deleted, or at least have an "on/off" switch, in the next security or operating update.:(

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy or unhappy with an escalating ring tone and alarm sound, but I'm not crazy about it. I would prefer a normal sound volume every ring based in my current volume level. But it is what it is and I can understand why many people don't like the phone over this feature.

I understand too, but like you said, it is what it is, and I'm used to it already, I guess I'm easy to please.. The phone's still fast, and I get good battery life... I'm looking forward to seeing when other mods come out and I'm good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk