eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
What!!!!!!

Ok in responding to gflam. :)

He must be doing things i dont know about :)

We are working on some things but to say everything that has been requested, no that wont be happening :) We are gonna continue to make this the easiet ,cleanest , original rom possible. So keep those things in mind. :)

We are sure you'll like what comes along in 2.0 , but it wont be CM with our options added.

Please keep the suggestions coming there might be things we haven't seen or thought about.

But understand We just dont want to sit and copy another rom we are trying to offer things you cant get other places and we only have so much time :) and our originals ideas take Priority :)

Dont think this means your request wont be honored you never know :)

we are constantly working so we hope you will continue to use sourcery and enjoy it.

Remember it took these other roms a long time to get what they have and we have been around a couple weeks :)

aj8600

Reaction score
Can you add a " check for update feature" instead of just clicking update and seeing if something happens?

closet nerd, telling myself its ok

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Can you add a " check for update feature" instead of just clicking update and seeing if something happens?

closet nerd, telling myself its ok

What are you asking for. we are working on some other options for this but we have it close pretty quickly if there is not one and if there is one youll know "coming soon"

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
think what he means if check for update and there is one you're told but it does not just auto install.
maybe a second box saying update available install yes/no?
not sure if possible, just a thought.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
think what he means if check for update and there is one you're told but it does not just auto install.

im sure its possible but not the way we are currently doing it. but it comes up with did you back up if you press yes than i expect you want the update. currectly we send out on twitter adn post here on df and our webstie all at the same time to announce an update is available
in the future this will be done differently. But we have to maintain a steady source for .x updates to insure stability. all x. builds will be full roms that we can make all the changes we want without worry about that :)

aj8600

Reaction score

thanks, that is what i meant

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
think one reason people mention ability to change colors in dropdown is due to apps use their own colors also and depending on theme its hard to read some.
I alos don't want to see a carbon copy of cm, but if there is a way to possible do this it would be nice.
not critical, its an ease of use issue.
considering flashing back to cm5.7 JUST to try to pull that older spare parts apk that did this but I really suck at that stuff.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Working on it.

Yes this is the biggest feature i am working on due to this due to the ease of use thats what sourcery is all about. But this feature will be in 2.0 if not sooner. I have spent extensive time working on this. We do understand . But please remember we are learning as we go while also trying not to just use others stuff but just implementing part in adn this has been difficult but im making progress on this. :)

think one reason people mention ability to change colors in dropdown is due to apps use their own colors also and depending on theme its hard to read some.
I alos don't want to see a carbon copy of cm, but if there is a way to possible do this it would be nice.
not critical, its an ease of use issue.
considering flashing back to cm5.7 JUST to try to pull that older spare parts apk that did this but I really suck at that stuff.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
doing hell of a job on it too, revamped my old droid :)

segdoh49

Reaction score
I would like to see if you guys could get the cryogen camera apk that I believe was in UD 2.0 into Sourcery. It enabled you to zoom when in camcorder mode. I got it to work in UD 2.5 but could not port it over to Sourcery....(kept force closing or saying the apk wouldn't open) I probably was missing something. If not maybe you could give a hint as to what I need to do to accomplish this..I don't know if others would like that option to zoom in camcorder mode, but I really thought it was a great option. PM me if you have any ideas.........

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
was thinking about it

I was thinking about it but last time i saw that camera it was bugged like heck.
ill take a look at it and see if what we can do about an alternate app with it.
I dont have a difficult time with alternate apps that may be a little buggy if they offer cool features. but try to keep all main apps rock solid stable if thats possible :)

I would like to see if you guys could get the cryogen camera apk that I believe was in UD 2.0 into Sourcery. It enabled you to zoom when in camcorder mode. I got it to work in UD 2.5 but could not port it over to Sourcery....(kept force closing or saying the apk wouldn't open) I probably was missing something. If not maybe you could give a hint as to what I need to do to accomplish this..I don't know if others would like that option to zoom in camcorder mode, but I really thought it was a great option. PM me if you have any ideas.........

segdoh49

Reaction score
I was thinking about it but last time i saw that camera it was bugged like heck.
ill take a look at it and see if what we can do about an alternate app with it.
I dont have a difficult time with alternate apps that may be a little buggy if they offer cool features. but try to keep all main apps rock solid stable if thats possible :)

Yea I think it was buggy in UD 2.0 but might have been fixed in UD 2.1 If my memory serves me right. I just went back to a UD 2.1 backup and the camcorder zoom worked flawless, but I cant remember if there was a fix at that time or not....old age. I'll attach the file I have so you can take a look.....

Attachments

• camcorderzoom.zip
    499 KB · Views: 164

yorT

Reaction score
I want to be able to connect my droid to an adhoc network. Currently droids cannot connect to adhoc networks.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want to be able to connect my droid to an adhoc network. Currently droids cannot connect to adhoc networks.

Not possible i don't think, that has more to do with the hardware in the droid i think. I'm not very well versed at that stuff but i don't believe it is possible at all on the OG droid. Here is an alternative though, I haven't tried this but i've heard if you are running Windows 7 you can set up a soft WIFI network by utilizing the Virtual Router Manager. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but i read about that with connecting to adhoc networks

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah that works but there is high latency that may cause issues.
did stream netflix from a roku box on it for a few minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.