Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks @cynkrzy! Just flashed TWRP and backing up now.

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
Okay guys, i just caught up on this thread and I'm glad to here that everyone is enjoying there new toy. I received mines yesterday and started setting it up but was a bit peeved that I didn't get my project Fi sim I was told I would get with the phone. I also didn't realized that I had to cut down my Verizon sim from my G4 in order to make it fit in the nexus. And that is something I'm not willing to do because I want to compare the two services in my area. Anyhoo I am enjoying the little time that I have to play with it and will dedicate a little more time tomorrow since the boss is out ;) and even more time over the weekend.

BTW I also received my November 1 update yesterday which ended in L.

mach330

Reaction score
Okay guys, i just caught up on this thread and I'm glad to here that everyone is enjoying there new toy. I received mines yesterday and started setting it up but was a bit peeved that I didn't get my project Fi sim I was told I would get with the phone. I also didn't realized that I had to cut down my Verizon sim from my G4 in order to make it fit in the nexus. And that is something I'm not willing to do because I want to compare the two services in my area. Anyhoo I am enjoying the little time that I have to play with it and will dedicate a little more time tomorrow since the boss is out ;) and even more time over the weekend.

BTW I also received my November 1 update yesterday which ended in L.
I called vzw to send me a nano. I then got a micro to nano adapter, activate nano sim on my old phone (note 4),then i just popped it on 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats guys.. Keep the feedback coming...

mach330

Reaction score
Ok I have this weird thing happening. When I shake my phone or have it on my pocket and it moves it vibrates. I have no idea why this keeps happening. Any ideas what setting this is?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Um...that's a strange one. You're not touching the finger scanner while this is happening, are you? That'll cause it to vibrate a little if it doesn't recognize a finger...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

mach330

Reaction score
Um...that's a strange one. You're not touching the finger scanner while this is happening, are you? That'll cause it to vibrate a little if it doesn't recognize a finger...

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Nope. When I have it on my back pocket it vibrates too when I walk. I tried shaking my phone like a karate chop just by touching the sides and it vibrates. So weird and annoying.

Last edited:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Not sure us delayers are allowed to post here, last post was nov 11th :)
Ok got the 6P delivered at 1pm had to work until 7:30 hate when that happens. currently re-downloading everything.
got the alumininum silver one looks very nice. feels good in hand it is defiantly the biggest phone i have ever had.
coming from an lg g2 the top and bottom bezels are big :) will get use to that im sure.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure us delayers are allowed to post here, last post was nov 11th :)
Ok got the 6P delivered at 1pm had to work until 7:30 hate when that happens. currently re-downloading everything.
got the alumininum silver one looks very nice. feels good in hand it is defiantly the biggest phone i have ever had.
coming from an lg g2 the top and bottom bezels are big :) will get use to that im sure.
Welcome back to the nexus family. I still have and use my nexus 5 and nexus 6. My nexus 5 is my rom (go crazy) phone and my nexus 6 is stock Google running the latest and greatest from stock. My note 5 is my daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Welcome back to the nexus family. I still have and use my nexus 5 and nexus 6. My nexus 5 is my rom (go crazy) phone and my nexus 6 is stock Google running the latest and greatest from stock. My note 5 is my daily driver.

Thanks. I really like alot of what the LG phone added, but truthfully i was still on kitkat on the g2 never experienced lollipop :)
ive taken about 2 years away from romming and modifying the phone. well see how long i can go without unlocking the bootloader on this beast :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. I really like alot of what the LG phone added, but truthfully i was still on kitkat on the g2 never experienced lollipop :)
ive taken about 2 years away from romming and modifying the phone. well see how long i can go without unlocking the bootloader on this beast :)
Or get a nexus 5 (not 5x), which you can get for cheap, for all your modding fun. Nexus 5 is still unencrypted out of the box. Plus if you decide to build roms on it for fun and you have an oopsie you are not having to be concerned about it being a DD. Since having a phone I keep as a DD separate from my play phone I am able to have more fun. With project fi (or some cheap straight talk like company) I can see how the radio work if I so care. But 99% of the time I run it on WiFi. But I'm not having to wait and worry about trying to get my phone restored to answer work emails.

So maybe keep the nexus 6p bootloader unlocked so you can install your own updates but keep it as a stock DD that you use Android Pay on. And snag a nexus 5 for cheap as a play phone.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
well i currently have a brand new wifi phone :) what the hell galaxy nexus to g2 new sim , now this damn thing has another smaller sim which of course i dont have :) ill have to get over to the verizon store after work tommorow :(