[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

rexit1982

Reaction score
I actually own 1.5 R2D2 units. I got my first one Friday ... and bricked it friday night rooting it and putting roms for Droid2's on it :) New one will be here Tuesday.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What version is everyone's R2-D2? 2.4.0 or 2.4.5? If 2.4.5 and if you would like to help me with something would you please PM me.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
What version is everyone's R2-D2? 2.4.0 or 2.4.5? If 2.4.5 and you would like to help me with something would you please PM me.

Cool...saw that as well, glad you're on it! :)

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What version is everyone's R2-D2? 2.4.0 or 2.4.5? If 2.4.5 and you would like to help me with something would you please PM me.

I have one as a collectors item but I really do not want to open it, root it and not be able to SBF it.

If anyone can provide me with a system dump of 2.4.5 you will be doing myself and the rest of the D2 community a favor :)

Thanks!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D2 and R2D2 are the same phone...why they are holding back on releasing a 2.4.5 OTA update (assuming it does exist) is beyond me. Wonder what they are cooking up?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have one as a collectors item but I really do not want to open it, root it and not be able to SBF it.

If anyone can provide me with a system dump of 2.4.5 you will be doing myself and the rest of the D2 community a favor :)

Thanks!

Android Forums - View Single Post - R2D2 Droid

Got one here confirming 2.4.5, Motaboy. Thought you might want to contact him to get the 2.4.5 dump... :)

efexay

Reaction score
Here's my story..

Supposed to be a costume contest at my store at 9:30PM. I show up at 10:15ish and there's a Verizon employee playing techno on a complete DJ setup outside and like 12 Vz employees inside. Yet there are only 5 customers including me at the store. Apparently, they'd been doing trivia contests all day for the phone and I arrive just in time for the last one. It's down to the 3rd and final round of trivia between me and some kid that's been there all day. He wins*. (It really should have gone to the next trivia question because the way the previous 2 rounds had gone, if everyone got the multiple choice question wrong, and it happened like twice, the Vz employee would say the correct answer and move on to another question. For some reason in the final round: he guesses wrong, I guess wrong, and he's allowed to make another guess with only 2 multiple choice left in the pool. I got screwed, but I was instantly over it and tried to congratulate him as he ran around the store like an idiot hugging all the employees.)

Moments later, I was buying the phone anyway and the store guy screwed up and charged me $326 and wanted to give me $100 in Verizon bucks (account credit?) or a debit card via mail-in rebate. Something about because it was only 11PM our time, the rebate wasn't kicking in the system? Who knows. I was like **** no and I got it for $199.99 as my new 2 every 2.

We got the Droid X for my wife this past Saturday. Sweet phone. But I don't regret my buy one bit. X is humongous and I don't do belt clips so I'd rather not put that ogre of a phone in my pocket. I figure, if something awesome comes out on 4G/LTE within a year, I'll pay the $20 and upgrade. Otherwise, I haven't even felt a need to overclock my R2Droid. Noticeable difference from Droid I.

Can't really see but I got a matching blue case for the screen part of the phone that looks pretty sweet. Will have a clear gel one for the bottom part soon.

5054691949_63c8b57253.jpg

Thanks for reading all.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 2.4.5.A957.

I'm sure motaboy would love a /System dump, or at least /System/app and /System/Framework, and the /system/build.prop file.

All you need to do is root (takes just a few minutes) extract the files, and then you can unroot and your phone will remain stock 2.4.5 (assuming that's what you want).

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 2.4.5.A957.

Would you perform a system dump for us?

I have 2.4.5.A957.

I'm sure motaboy would love a /System dump, or at least /System/app and /System/Framework, and the /system/build.prop file.

Yes I would...even the app and framework folders would be good for now. You can use root explorer, even if not rooted to copy the app and framework folders :)

Seriously? I had no idea...I've always been rooted so I've never even tried to view those folders unrooted. Nice...makes it easier for someone w/an R2D2 to do it. :)

Acdc695969

Reaction score
Getting my R2 today. I'm reel excited as this is my first droid n when I saw that I knew I had to have it especially since it was time for my upgrade, what a coincidence lol my question is, will I be able to use the one click root method to root it? If not can someone point me in the right direction as I don't want to brick my phone :)

PiranhaDroid

Reaction score
r2d2 root

I am new to this forum but I bought a droid x on the 15th of july and an r2d2 droid 2 for my gf on the 30th (her Birthday). I just rooted my droid x no problem tonight by using this method..

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

and following this video...

[video=youtube;gzlg9a-H42w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzlg9a-H42w]YouTube - How to Root Droid 2 (also Droid X)[/video]

After I rooted my Droid x, I tried to root the R2D2 droid and it didn't work.

If someone can point me in the right direction to getting this r2d2 rooted I will be more than happy to send you the 2.4.5.a957 system dump.

Love the forums by the way!

PiranhaDroid

Reaction score
Thx flea, i'll try that method tomorrow before work if I have time. Is there a free file explorer that I can copy the dump off her r2d2? I downloaded root explorer on my X but I need a free way to get it off hers.