On the fence

ms960

Reaction score
Long-time Droid owner (now on a Droid X) and really like the thought of the Galaxy Tab. The price ($600) though, is a bit too steep.

I was in Best Buy today and they had it priced at $499 if I signed up for a month-to-month service plan (no contract, can terminate it any time). That sounded too good to be true -- I asked about 5 times if there was any catch. They assured me not.

At $499, does that make this a better deal? I'm torn between this and the iPad (NOT a iOS fan!), but like the form factor.

The $499 price makes it easier to digest, but wondering what the collective wisdom here feels about that price?

Thanks!

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
I paid the 599 for mine, and it was totally worth it in my opinion. It is completely useless to anybody that has a smart phone and a laptop. However I can stick this in my hoodie and not cart my laptop everywhere. Also the video format support and Comic Reader mobi make it totally worthwhile.

OP
M

ms960

Reaction score
I paid the 599 for mine, and it was totally worth it in my opinion. It is completely useless to anybody that has a smart phone and a laptop. However I can stick this in my hoodie and not cart my laptop everywhere. Also the video format support and Comic Reader mobi make it totally worthwhile.

Thanks for the thoughts, but why is it useless if I have a laptop and a smartphone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

phillyphill39

Reaction score
i like mine, i exchanged out my ipad for one. i find myself always picking it up to play with it. ill probably get that new moto tab and or the playbook (for the gf)

91LudeSiT

Reaction score

Thanks for the thoughts, but why is it useless if I have a laptop and a smartphone?

It serves no useful purpose for me other then entertainment. If you are on the fence, you won't be able to use it for anything productive. However if you were like me wanting portable entertainment I would get one.

HHF2

Reaction score
You can be productive with the tab. I have a portable wireless printer and do proposals on the spot. You can do almost everything with the tab as you can with a laptop, just easier to carry around.