Outlook email on Droid 2

Frust Rated

Reaction score
I want my BB back!!

I just did the K-9, keeps telling me my signon and password is wrong. NOT..I have typed it correct many times....GRRRRR I don't know if I have an IMAP, POP or what???

I had NO issues setting this up on my BB. I'm not a a big computer geek, but I'm not that dumb either!!

HELP!!!!!!

did you try resetting touchdown and running quick setup again?

it really sounds like your problem with getting touchdown to work is knowing the correct server address to put in.

i have no experience with k-9. i know how you feel, though, i felt the same way about my BB until i installed touchdown.

Reaction score
My corporate exchange stock email app works great, I get push emails. Absolutely no downsides with the stock app at all, but my corporation forces a screen lock passcode to access the phone which is extremely annoying.

Reaction score
My google and exchange calendars both sync and display on my launcher pro calendar widget, what seems to be the problem? All my events I add on corporate calendar show up on google, along with my phone calls I track using the call track app, haven't had a sync problem.

D2 Newbie

Reaction score
Droid2 to Outlook webmail?

This thread seems to get close to my question, but here goes:
I currently use Outlook on my laptop to access Netzero webmail. Emails are downloaded from the Netzero server to my laptop, so they are no longer on the Netzero server. I want to use my Droid2 to access my Outlook email (on the laptop). Does anyone know how to do this?

IF it is even possible, is it considered Corporate Sync? VPN? I've seen mentions of Touchdown app, K-9, etc. and don't know if they apply.??? This is my first smartphone so I would nearly need step-by-step instructions.

This ability was key to getting the phone & Verizon store employees are no help. (said "inexpensive" app.= easy) Been searching info and forums for wks. Amazed by lack of instructions that come with the phone, in general. Thanks to anyone with input, advice, or tips!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This thread seems to get close to my question, but here goes:
I currently use Outlook on my laptop to access Netzero webmail. Emails are downloaded from the Netzero server to my laptop, so they are no longer on the Netzero server. I want to use my Droid2 to access my Outlook email (on the laptop). Does anyone know how to do this?

IF it is even possible, is it considered Corporate Sync? VPN? I've seen mentions of Touchdown app, K-9, etc. and don't know if they apply.??? This is my first smartphone so I would nearly need step-by-step instructions.

This ability was key to getting the phone & Verizon store employees are no help. (said "inexpensive" app.= easy) Been searching info and forums for wks. Amazed by lack of instructions that come with the phone, in general. Thanks to anyone with input, advice, or tips!

There may be other ways to do this, but here's the way I do it: I use the Gmail app for all my email on the phone. I went to the Gmail webpage with my laptop and setup the gmail app to poll my pop3 accounts. When Gmail finds emails on my pop3 servers it pushes them to the Gmail app on my phone. I have it set to leave a the emails on the servers. That way the computer at home downloads them when I turn it on.

BTW from I what I remember when I first set this up months and months ago, the pop3 accounts are polled on a frequency that is tied to their activity. Accounts with a lot of traffic get polled much more frequently than accounts with little traffic. But it appears that the slowest frequency is about every 5 minutes and the fastest frequency appears to be once a minute or less.

Reaction score
Pop3 is the only way, you'll have to go into netzero or outlook and unforward your emails from netzero to outlook first so they remain on the netzero server, then log into gmail on your pc and look up a tutorial on how to enable/forward pop3 to your gmail. Voila.

D2 Newbie

Reaction score
Thank you BayouFlyFisher! I couldn't have figured it out, but it was actually quite easy to do with your help. The key was being able to leave the emails on the server, plus settings allow the emails from that other (Netzero) account to be labeled as such so I know where they came from.
I'm so happy....for now. :)

rars222

Reaction score
Frustrated

I downloaded Touchdown and I cannot get it to work at all!! I took it to my Verizon guy last night and he suggested I had a faulty phone, not even looking to see if I had the configuation wrong.

It will receive my Outlook mail but will not send it. Any clue????

Maybe this has already been responded to and I haven't read far enough in... if so, sorry for the repeat.

I am not using Touchdown, I just configured the POP3 settings to replicate my outlook settings. What I noticed is that if I'm on a WIFI connection, I can receive, but not send emails. As soon as I turn WIFI off and use the network, my emails are sent.

I'm not sure that is your problem, just had to comment as I had the same frustration.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW from I what I remember when I first set this up months and months ago, the pop3 accounts are polled on a frequency that is tied to their activity. Accounts with a lot of traffic get polled much more frequently than accounts with little traffic. But it appears that the slowest frequency is about every 5 minutes and the fastest frequency appears to be once a minute or less.

Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of that, which is why i don't like to get too heavily involved with email threads. That's good to know. One old email account I have checks about once an hour. There hardly is ever any email there.

Jimh64

Reaction score
Exchange Sync Question

I have set up my corporate Sync and everything downloads fine. My questin is, how can I keep my emails on my corporate server when I delte them from my Droid 2?

Right now, when I read an email on my Droid and delete it, it deletes it from my Outook account, but when I delete an email from outlook, it doesn't delete if from my phone.

I need to reverse it!

Thanks!

Reaction score
It syncs both ways. If you do a refresh on your phone after you've deleted something from outlook it wont be there and vice versa.

Jimh64

Reaction score
But i don't want it to delete from the server when i delete it from my phone. Sometmes there are emails i want to stay on my pc but not my phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But i don't want it to delete from the server when i delete it from my phone. Sometmes there are emails i want to stay on my pc but not my phone.

You can tell gmail to leave it on your email server in the settings. Another thing you can do is archive the email, gmail will put it in the "all mail" label.