Overclock Settings Help Using JRummy's Droid 2 Overclock

MattWheelerGA

Reaction score
I'm no rookie at rooting, roms, and overclocking, but I know with all roms comes certain settings. As for ZombieStomped I have noticed that there is an undervolting option within the customizer and I was wondering if that option overrides the need for an overclock/voltage app. I am currently running ZombieStomped 1.7. Any suggestions for best overclock/voltage settings? Right now I am using the preset ULV setting 1.2 GHz, 1.0 GHz, 800 MHz, 400 MHz and on my most recent Quadrant benchmark test got a 1640.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

leakim13

Reaction score
I'm no rookie at rooting, roms, and overclocking, but I know with all roms comes certain settings. As for ZombieStomped I have noticed that there is an undervolting option within the customizer and I was wondering if that option overrides the need for an overclock/voltage app. I am currently running ZombieStomped 1.7. Any suggestions for best overclock/voltage settings? Right now I am using the preset ULV setting 1.2 GHz, 1.0 GHz, 800 MHz, 400 MHz and on my most recent Quadrant benchmark test got a 1640.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

+1 and what are the best "other settings" for performance/bat life... incl dalvick VM heap, max events, stage fright?

go.nocturn

Reaction score
This is based off of Version 2.3.4 of Android Overclock

Ad blocker - Block ads, Pretty simple ;)

Apps to sd - Chooses where apps are installed to.. best set to Auto because you more than likely have plenty of internal space for apps, along with widget functionality as widgets will not work if the app is installed on sd

Build Props
  • Lcd Density - Its like changing the resolution on your computer, the lower the number the more space youll have between icons and smaller fonts - its all user preference
  • Ring delay - The amount of time it takes for your phone to start ringing after you press dial
  • VM Heapsize - The size of your DalvikVm Cache - Basically helps with performance and since we have Higher-end devices 42-48 is a good number[from my experience]
  • Scan interval - Wifi Scan interval the higher the number the longer time you have between wifi scans to check for open and closed networks; will save battery as scan intervals get bigger
  • Max Events - Scroll Speed
  • Prox Delay - The delay between the phone screen turning back on after moving it away from your face during a phone call
Manage Cache - Clears cache; good to do every now and then based on user preference but i do it everyday to keep my phone smooth

Advanced - Too advanced just search it youll find heaps and heaps of info on kernal tweaks