Paid for my first app!

newtodroidx

Reaction score
So today I was reading on the forums and wanted to try the Ultra Keyboard which people seem to like so I bought it and it says purchased next to the app in the market, but when I go and push install it says my item will be downloaded yet it does not download at all. Any ideas??

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into your phone's settings/applications/manage applications/all - find Market in the list, clear data/cache and try again - it should work now

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are looking in the "All" or "Running" list and not the "Downloads" one

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
ok found it and cleared the cache, I am going to retry download now...

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
no luck...do I want to clear the market data too?? Will that affect my phone if I clear the data??

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Okay, cleared both. Tried he download again...went to the ultra keyboard in the market still says purchased next to it and wheen I open it it says install so I click on it and it says your item will be downloaded...it then shows the black cicle with the green arrow in the notification bar for about a second and then it goes away and on the app at the bottom it says cancel download and on the progress bar at the top is doing nothing. Thanks for the help I have no idea what is wrong.

Sparkmaster

Reaction score
That happens all the time to me.. Maybe servers are busy or what but anyways, I cancel download and hit it again.. Sometimes it works and when It don't I hit cancel again and start it again and it starts up..

fpatano

Reaction score
So today I was reading on the forums and wanted to try the Ultra Keyboard which people seem to like so I bought it and it says purchased next to the app in the market, but when I go and push install it says my item will be downloaded yet it does not download at all. Any ideas??

Sometimes it just takes awhile, but clearing out the cache and data will force it to recheck again. Sometimes just going into the market and clicking on Settings > Downloads and allowing it to refresh will enable it to download to.

If that doesn't work try rebooting and go back into the market downloads area.

Cuz97

Reaction score
When items won't Download from the Market, go into your apps and open Google talk and make sure you're logged in. Then it SHOULD work fine after that.

Sometimes when i DL an app it downloads but hangs in the install process. That i usually stop and re-install.

Hope this helps

Technoman

Reaction score
Double check that you are not set for WIFI only. Go to email settings, and make sure that you sync over WIFI is not checked.

This does affect the MARKET function also.

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Now it is saying that the download is unsuccessful.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App