Phantom Skinz or Skinomi

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Has anyone tried either of these brands. They look like expensive stickers. Do they offer any real protection, or is this akin to covering your skateboard with stickers.
The brushed steel skinomi look real nice, but i am still hesitant to buy anything with metal(even if it is as thin as a sticker) that might affect NFC.

BamBammm

Reaction score
The Skinomi has a lifetime warranty when you buy one. Also it is pre-cut in the shape of your phone and holes already framed in the screen.
http://amzn.to/NCYRrG
skinomi.jpg

http://amzn.to/M0nVf1
skinomi.jpg

The Phantom Skinz are more protection, in my opinion a phone doesn't need a case and a screen protector, if you need that much protection you should go with the Otterbox Defender for industrial protection or if the Defender is too bulky but you need the solid protection you can check out the Otterbox Commuter. Are you a construction worker or anything? thats the only time you'd probably need the Phantom. Otherwise i suggest just getting the Skinomi and saving your money.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
These apply just like the zagg and military shield I believe... when you're doing the install.. be patient, keep your fingertips wet... and good luck :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

BamBammm

Reaction score
Indeed the hardest thing about application is just keeping your fingers wet, other than that piece of cake :)
maybe this will help: [video=youtube;Vlzs01Bd9KU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlzs01Bd9KU[/video]

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
The Phantom Skinz are more protection, in my opinion a phone doesn't need a case and a screen protector, if you need that much protection you should go with the Otterbox Defender for industrial protection or if the Defender is too bulky but you need the solid protection you can check out the Otterbox Commuter. Are you a construction worker or anything? thats the only time you'd probably need the Phantom. Otherwise i suggest just getting the Skinomi and saving your money.

Actually the phantomskinz i was referring to are more like stickers than a case. It can only be scratch protection, so it seems more gimmicky than anything else. Would love to hear from someone who has used them. The do have some real cool looks.
Samsung_Galaxy_S_III.png
Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Samsung Galaxy S III- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

cgull

Reaction score
I've used PS extensively and they work great. I had clear mat and glossy on the front of my last phone. They look fantastic also and give the device a nice feel. The down side is they are extremely difficult to install. There is also water involved so it's a risky process.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I've used PS extensively and they work great. I had clear mat and glossy on the front of my last phone. They look fantastic also and give the device a nice feel. The down side is they are extremely difficult to install. There is also water involved so it's a risky process.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I saw that they are water applied, and that makes me hesitate. There are other options that don't involve water so i will probably look more into those.

Slickwraps

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I saw that they are water applied, and that makes me hesitate. There are other options that don't involve water so i will probably look more into those.

Hey Rageboardr,

If you're looking for some more options for skins, take a look at Slickwraps.com. Our wraps are made of high-quality vinyl material and reusable adhesive that is guaranteed not to leave any residue behind on your phone. They're super easy to apply, and can be removed and reused. We have a bunch of different styles you can choose from, and each will give your phone great style, feel and protection. Also...if you're looking for extremely protective skins, Slickwraps is the way to go. The material we use is shock-absorbent, so it's going to protect again scratches, dust and even drops!

Hope you'll take a look >> Slickwraps.com

Pauline K.
Slickwraps.com

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Hey Rageboardr,

If you're looking for some more options for skins, take a look at Slickwraps.com. Our wraps are made of high-quality vinyl material and reusable adhesive that is guaranteed not to leave any residue behind on your phone. They're super easy to apply, and can be removed and reused. We have a bunch of different styles you can choose from, and each will give your phone great style, feel and protection. Also...if you're looking for extremely protective skins, Slickwraps is the way to go. The material we use is shock-absorbent, so it's going to protect again scratches, dust and even drops!

Hope you'll take a look >> Slickwraps.com

Pauline K.
Slickwraps.com
Thanks for that source. Those do look pretty nice. I was curious about the metal series. Does it have any effect on NFC or WiFi capabilities. I know metal covers can be a problem, but i wasn't sure if a metal sticker would have the same results.
Also, do the Carbon fiber skins have any texture to them. The phone is pretty slick by itself.

Slickwraps

Reaction score
Thanks for that source. Those do look pretty nice. I was curious about the metal series. Does it have any effect on NFC or WiFi capabilities. I know metal covers can be a problem, but i wasn't sure if a metal sticker would have the same results.
Also, do the Carbon fiber skins have any texture to them. The phone is pretty slick by itself.

The Metal series is a vinyl wrap infused with metal to give it the same look and feel as real metal, and it will not interfere with NFC or WiFi capabilities. The carbon fiber skins have a really great texture to them! Both the look and feel of carbon fiber as well.

Pauline