Phone and Contacts disappeared

msheldon

Had something strange happen.

Running Sapphire 1.0, installed stock ROM, then incognito. Everything was working fine. I know that phone and contacts were working this morning. But tonight, when I tried to launch them from LauncherPro or the stock launcher, I got "could not launch the requested application". And, both apps were missing from the app drawer.

The only thing of significance I had done since this morning was to run zipalign_apk this afternoon.

Reboots did not bring the phone back. I tried running 'switchapk phone stock', but it still did not work. Fortunately I had backed up the ROM yesterday. I restored it, and everything is working fine. I restored the backups of the few apps that had been updated since the backup, and it's still fine.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
I had this problem the other day as well! install the stock rom, then reboot. then install a theme thats what I did and it worked fine. the error showed up wen I flashed rom, g-apps, then theme in one swoop without rebooting in between!

microsnook

Yes, im having trouble pushing the phone.apk to /system/app
It doesnt see it on the phone after I push it?

kevdog

I would just reinstall the base rom without wiping data and cache along with gapps rather than using adb.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
I have also noticed that for some reason even though we sign into our google account, our contacts and gmail does not automatically sync. You have to go to settings > accounts & sync > [email protected] > make sure all three boxes (sync contacts, sync gmail, sync calendar) are checked. Then hit the menu and tell it to sync now.