Phone answers calls in purse

kjm018

Reaction score
Hello! I'm finding the answer call function to be way too sensitive. It even answers calls when my phone is in my purse or my pocket!

(It doesn't matter if your screen is locked. When a call comes in, answer and decline options pop up.)

Has anyone found a setting to adjust this or an app that can solve this problem?

Thanks!

NVash

Reaction score
Ive had that problem myself, it calls people and even txts people messages of a bunch of odd letters while in my pocket. Im hoping someone knows what to do about this.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not understanding how the phone is answering itself. When the screen locks out you have to 'swipe' to answer a phone call regardless. Where is the 'swipe' action coming from in your purse or pocket? Please elaborate.

OP
K

kjm018

Reaction score
I'm not understanding how the phone is answering itself. When the screen locks out you have to 'swipe' to answer a phone call regardless. Where is the 'swipe' action coming from in your purse or pocket? Please elaborate.

Thanks for responding, Martin, but there must be some misunderstanding. You do NOT have to swipe to unlock before answering an incoming call.

Like I said in my first post, when a call comes in -- even when the phone has been in lock mode, which ordinarily would require the swipe -- the Droid switches into call mode. The lock setting becomes irrelevent.

Instead, your caller's picture (or the little green guy) pops up with the caller ID, along with the "answer" and "decline" options toward the bottom. If anything so much as brushes against the screen while someone is calling, it can answer or decline that call.

Believe me, I wish I had that option of having to swipe unlock in order to answer!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Very odd. I tested this myself right now and I cant just press either button. I am required to swipe.

I am using a Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Very odd. I tested this myself right now and I cant just press either button. I am required to swipe.

I am using a Droid.

I have the same results....

Trip

Reaction score
Guys you must have installed an app that has changed the functionality of the incomming calls, by default you have to swipe to answer an incomming call.

Check your installed apps, look for some kind of contact manager, or not sure what else, but something has changed how your phone works on an incomming call.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys you must have installed an app that has changed the functionality of the incomming calls, by default you have to swipe to answer an incomming call.

Check your installed apps, look for some kind of contact manager, or not sure what else, but something has changed how your phone works on an incomming call.

Definitely... because by default you HAVE to SWIPE to answer a call... which would eliminate your problem. List what apps you've got and we'll start troubleshooting.

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ditto I have to swipe to answer a call, no problems like this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just searching for a better way to answer the phone then swiping. I have definitely seen what the OP is talking about on my Droid. The litle green droid dude with the option to send or answer. However I just tried to reproduce it and I had to swipe to answer.

I have no idea how or why this option comes up.

R

racklefratz

IMO, if people were keeping the Droid in a case :eek: as opposed to just throwing it into a purse or pocket, there would be fewer complaints about "rogue phones". It does have a touch screen.

fargo

Reaction score
I have this same problem. Also to answer an incoming call, you can simply hit the green call button to answer. My phone has made numerous calls from my pocket and also answers from my pocket. I do not have any apps that would affect this. I fixed my dialing in the pocket issue by adding a specific screen unlock patter. Now, it occasionally goes to the emergency call screen from my pocket.

Yes. I am locking the phone before placing in my pocket. I press the button and the screen goes black.

This issues does happen. For those who say "get a case for it"...why? I have an iPod Touch in my pocket for over two years and it has never activated or done anything in my pocket...EVER.

cemeterypig

Reaction score
Ditto I have to swipe to answer a call, no problems like this.

I also have the Eris and have experienced both pocket dialing and auto answering in my pocket. I enabled the "trace a pattern to unlock" feature (which I hate) which has eliminated the pocket dialing. Unfortunately the phone comes out of unlock when receiving a call and doesn't require the pattern to answer the call, only the "swipe down". I have checked several times and I definitely have to swipe the bar to answer a call (so no app has tampered with the phone's functionality) but for some reason my phone will still answer itself at times in my pocket, either when I am reaching for it or just walking around. Very frustrating...please help.

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
My wife complains that her droid makes phantom calls also.
I guess if it's happening to other people I should stop making fun of her?!