Phone Holder for DROID by Motorola

I've lost faith in those suction cup windshield mounts after having several GPS devices from Garmin and TomTom fall off. Before I got a "bean bag" weighted mount I made sure to carry some little packets of alcohol to clean the windshield before using suction cups.

Just so you guys know, its recently been determined that the mount does NOT come with a car charger when you buy it from Verizon. I'm not sure if Best Buy or something will be different but the actual box has the "Contents" printed on it and a car charger isn't included. This is odd since Motorola's site lists it as included. Maybe you can buy the Motorola version elsewhere eventually.

The desktop cradle DOES have the wall charger and usb cable with it though so that one is still good to go.

I found it interesting that the home cradle is a heavy, chromed, larger accessory than the car cradle and it comes with the charger for the same price. The car charger is all plastic (i think) and doesn't. Weird. I'll probably buy them both and a car charger anyway haha.

That's weird. I saw a review video that had the desk cradle. It was issued with his phone and he specifically mentioned that it did not come with a charger. Of course that might be because it was part of a reviewer package.

Since the Droid uses a Mini USB Cable, Don't you think all our chargers we have for our Storms will work with the Droid? Isn't the voltage pretty much the same? I actually saw one of my after market chargers being touted as compatible with the Droid.

Anyone have any info on this being a possibility?

:icon_ lala: This kind of helps with the need for new car charges and extra household chargers then. Doesn't it. :icon_ lala:
Some Accessory's from our storms will live on !!!

Well it was just set this year, so i believe that alot still have either the micro-usb, or a proprietary charger type. Soon all will conform and you are right, no need to worry about all that crap. I think i have a mini-usb from when i bought my BT headpiece.

Actually it's micro-usb. Unfortunately like many people, I have alot of mini-usb charging cables for various electronic devices. I just bought a few mini-micro usb adapters (from Amazon I think) so I can re-use these. You can get them for around $2 ea. JimMariner - Since these cables are designed to plug into USB ports, the chargers are essentially mimmicking a USB port so they are pretty universal.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. Just wanted to hear it from someone else too !

I have tons of MiniUSB cables laying around from my Curve and various other things (many PC usb devices use them, like usb hubs and whatnot). Luckily I also have a couple MicroUSB chargers and usb cables since my Storm and my fiance's EnV2 both have MicroUSB.

If any of you are in need of some MicroUSB cabled, I highly recommend HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

In fact, I recommend them for ANY of your cable needs. I just bought a few cables off there. They are cheap, ship quick, have a HUGE selection, and are good quality cables. I bought a 12ft male to male 3.5mm headphone cable for <$1 lol

Oh yeah, they also sell these for $1:
35231.jpg

So that way you can buy one and a couple usb cables. Since the phone comes with a wall plug like the cigarette plug above, you'll have several cables that can all be used for the wall, the car, or the computer.

I have tons of MiniUSB cables laying around from my Curve and various other things (many PC usb devices use them, like usb hubs and whatnot). Luckily I also have a couple MicroUSB chargers and usb cables since my Storm and my fiance's EnV2 both have MicroUSB.

If any of you are in need of some MicroUSB cabled, I highly recommend HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

In fact, I recommend them for ANY of your cable needs. I just bought a few cables off there. They are cheap, ship quick, have a HUGE selection, and are good quality cables. I bought a 12ft male to male 3.5mm headphone cable for <$1 lol

MonoPrice is great. I bought a lot of HDMI cables for my home theater through them!

Check this out: For only $4.81 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB Powered Christmas Tree - White | USB Accessories

:)

I drive around all day in a full sized van so this would be perfect. I use my iPhone at the moment for GPS navigation but I have it sitting in a cupholder. This would be a lot safer I'd imagine since I wouldn't have to keep looking down to mess with the phone.

Yeah i remember seeing that. I've seen many many things people have modded to get to work on a USB drive. One tried to do a USB blow drier, USB cd player, USB Microwave (didn't work so well), usb flash lights. People seem to have a lot of fun doing that stuff.

I'm glad that they finally came out and set a dang standard for phone chargers. It was really upsetting that all my 5 phones in the past all had different power plugs.

Back