Phone is freaking out!!!

Cr3beast

Reaction score
Hey all,
I will try to explain this the best I can but its like nothing I have ever seen. My phone(Moto Droid) has been working without a problem for 3 months now, but today everything changed. I set it on my desk and walked away, came back and my phone was on google.com and randomly scrolling, clicking and resizing. My home button doesn't work anymore. I managed to get it off the internet, but then it started randomly opening and clicking on my apps. I got frustrated and removed the battery, and let it just sit there for a moment. Put the battery back in and turned on the phone. It wouldn't let me get passed the lock screen, the sliders wouldn't work. I again removed the battery and put it back in and turned on the phone. That time it let me get passed the lock screen but it started randomly clicking again. I hit the power button to put it to sleep and gave it a few minutes. After that it worked well enough to make a phone call, but the home button still didn't work. I took it to a verizon store, and they looked at me like I was lying about it so I handed it to them and said "here, have fun". They hit the internet button and the fun began. Tech support couldn't help because we couldn't get the phone to do the steps they needed us to do. Anyone here know what I can do to fix it, or what is even going on? Oh, and when they tried a factory reset, the phone said it couldn't do it. Sorry about writing so much, but wanted y'all to know as much about this as possible.
Thanks!

This has been reported by several people that have used a charger that is not a factory charger... Could this be your case?

Good to know that I am no the only one. No, I only have the charger that came with the phone. Is there a fix for it, or is my phone shot? By the way, thanks for the quick reply!

Good to know that I am no the only one. No, I only have the charger that came with the phone. Is there a fix for it, or is my phone shot? By the way, thanks for the quick reply!

First, what have you done? Battery pull? Have you shut down your Droid and started it back up? Do you have any task killers?

Pulled battery and powered down and back up all multiple times. I have astro on it but no task killers. I do have helix on it, I am going to try to remove it. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I am trying everything I can think of.

I think I may have fixed it! I learned this trick with a laptop a few years ago so figured I'd try it.... I took out the battery, then held the power button for 20seconds, then put the battery back in and turned it on. Home button works, the phone stopped freaking out, I can navigate everywhere and click on anything without problems. Not sure how long this will work, but at least for the moment it is working!

Back