Phone randomly turning off, not turning on

No not very accommodating. That's too bad.

If you have the insurance they will replace the phone for you in one-two business days. Problem solved.

But I still have to pay the deductible, I'd rather try to find a way to fix itm

Shouldn't be a deductible... This should be a warranty situation, and it should still be covered. IIRC, the Verizon S4 was released in May, 2013... May want to contact Verizon or Samsung directly while there's still time...

Have you tried contacting Samsung? This seems like an issue that they would resolve even if you are outside of your warranty window. Considering 4.4 was a major update and now these problems are happening, I would imagine they'd send you a replacement unit.

Have you downloaded any other apps relating to the use of the phone? If so, there could be conflict. I've seen dozens of these kinds of conflicts with many graphics apps interfering somehow with normal camera applications. Just a thought.

Alright I got my warranty replacement today and it works fine. However, the phone is trying to force me to update to KitKat. I don't know what to do, should I update to it again and possibly subject my phone to the same issues?

Alright I got my warranty replacement today and it works fine. However, the phone is trying to force me to update to KitKat. I don't know what to do, should I update to it again and possibly subject my phone to the same issues?

Well - two possibilities; you had a bad phone, so upgrading the newish phone to KitKat should be fine just as it was for the millions of us who upgraded with no problems - or - you upgrade and have the same problem, which should prove that it is an app issue.

I agree and also recommend the upgrade.

So I updated. So far I noticed that I'm still experiencing a decrease in reception. In the previous version I could send texts without a problem from my basement, but now they just won't send so I have to restart the phone to get them to send. Suggestions?

So I updated. So far I noticed that I'm still experiencing a decrease in reception. In the previous version I could send texts without a problem from my basement, but now they just won't send so I have to restart the phone to get them to send. Suggestions?

I recommend you repair the phone using the computer. Reflash to stock KitKat then factory reset twice in the os. Then configure. If you need help...message me! ;)

No I wouldn't I been having issues with mine with the kit kat don't update it. My issues was no sim card kept coming up S4 wouldn't work the tech said don't install the kit kat right know due to battery issues also no sim card issues. I got my replacement under warranty not by insurance Verizon will screw u over. It a software problem. AT&T knows all about it the issues. U can leave the update alone u don't have to install it....

Back