Phone says 'Low on Space' and won't sync gmail, but it's not low of space...

love2board

Reaction score
After the recent update to 2.3.4, my phone immeditately said I was 'Low on space'. After deleting a ton of apps, all my pictures, and clearing the history, it still says it is low. But, my internal storage is at 136mb used, 612mb free. To me, that is not that low...

The last thing I want to do is factory reset, because unfortunately I live off my phone for work and have made many changes since to my calendar and contacts (which won't sync)...

Please help!! How low does the used need to be in order to get rid of the 'Low on space' so my phone will sync?!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Download Disk Usage from the market. It gives you a visual breakdown of what's taking up space on your phone

OP
L

love2board

Reaction score
Ok, downloaded, ran it.... says:

Data 857 MiB
Applications 246MiB, Free Space 610MiB
and so...

What does that mean?

HAHA can you tell I'm not very good at this?? Thank you for your help!! :)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Click on App Storage, then you can see which apps are the biggest hogs to the right of App Storage, and make necessary adjustments.

This is odd because I have an OG Droid with only 51 MB of free space, and mine isnt telling me low on storage...

Are you rooted?

Last edited:
OP
L

love2board

Reaction score
I am not rooted... It looks like I'm going to factory reset... boo. :(

Thanks anyways for your help!

dpritchard

Reaction score
Love2, I have the same exact thing going on on my phone. I too have a clear indication from apps that i have plenty of available space. Also, I have looked at the storage through my pc (right click and properties.)

There is something going on and possibly with the new update. I bet we see this issue pop up elsewhere.

MrBultitude

Reaction score
Same here. I have the 2.3.4 update. Google+ came in again and put my app space over 400MB and I got "low on space". Still had 300MB+ space left. Gmail stopped syncing. Removed some apps to get below 400MB and the message went away and "poof" I received my gmail!

hagnik

Reaction score
I'm going to jump on this list as well. Updated to 2.3.4 and shortly started getting the "Low on space" message, rendering my gmail account useless. I got the message to go away one time by uninstalling a few apps, but it is back. Anyone have a good fix for this yet?

hagnik

Reaction score
Don't want to get in the habit of replying to my own posts, but I just "Clear data" for my Gmail app and the Low on space message went away, and I my Gmail recieved my recent messages... Maybe a short term work around till they fix the root cause.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as my wife's phone started having the same problems. She is still getting gmail, but her texts aren't receiving.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can one of you with the low space error try flashing this hotfix from HTC? It resolves the messaging / email / voice mail errors, but I did a factory reset on my wifes phone before the hotfix file, so Im not sure if it works for low space too.

http://dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk
Mirror

Make sure you have allowed "Unknown sources" Form the home screen, menu > settings > applications > check unknown sources.
Download the file and transfer to your sd card.
Using a file manager (astro file manager is free and works well), install the file.
Open the app.

Let me know if this worked!

bionicdr

Reaction score
I'm getting that error on my new droid bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rajesh06

Reaction score
Don't want to get in the habit of replying to my own posts, but I just "Clear data" for my Gmail app and the Low on space message went away, and I my Gmail recieved my recent messages... Maybe a short term work around till they fix the root cause.

I had the same problem(s) and this fix worked for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums