Play Store will not download free apps

Scimino

Reaction score
I have tried uninstalling play store updates. I also tried formatting cache and deleting the data. Nothing seems to be working. I am rooted and have a few rooted apps like busybox. I dont want to factory factory reset......any advice guys?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Could you list the apps you've tried to install but havent worked??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tonik

Reaction score
Cut and paste from a post I just made elsewhere about the map update. I think it applies here. All my free google apps are missing right now on 'my apps'.

Google Play is pretty broken right now. Weird error messages, missing apps...there are reports of all kinds of stuff on the internets and on Google's Android help pages. Google has confirmed there are issues. But that said, the new map update is only for ICS. That is why it is failing, it just isn't giving you a meaningful answer. And that is why it probably doesn't show in 'my apps' in Google Play for many people...it is now OS specific.

The whole thing is a giant screwup. I think it is best to just wait it out for a few days for Google to sort it out.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the maps update is for non-ICS phones. What I did was hit Home, 'manage apps'. Then pulled up Google Play in my installed mapps and UNinstalled all updates. Hit Google Play again and all my stuff was back.

Last edited:
OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
I recently tried downloading the walking dead game, rom tool box, and adobe.

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
I am also getting constant data drops. Is anybody else having issues? Also now the play store wont update but it works!