pleassssseee help me with firmware upgrade

Jukka

Reaction score
hello there can anyone please help me i hava galaxy s3 and i rooted it but i didnt put any custom rom im still on my original firmware i only have supersu and cwm when trying to update firmware it gives me cwm recovery is it possible to update?

huskur

Reaction score
hello there can anyone please help me i hava galaxy s3 and i rooted it but i didnt put any custom rom im still on my original firmware i only have supersu and cwm when trying to update firmware it gives me cwm recovery is it possible to update?

First of all what root instructions did you use and second do you have the sbf file for reverting back? I knew root was established but I did not know if there were methods of reversal.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't do an OTA/Firmware update with a custom recovery (well, generally speaking), which is what CWM is. You'll need to either manually flash the stock recovery .img through Odin, or as huskur said, reflash the entire system image (.sbf is Moto only, FYI - but same concept ;)).

huskur

Reaction score
You can't do an OTA/Firmware update with a custom recovery (well, generally speaking), which is what CWM is. You'll need to either manually flash the stock recovery .img through Odin, or as huskur said, reflash the entire system image (.sbf is Moto only, FYI - but same concept ;)).

Damn! Learned something today!! The GS3 is my first non-moto phone