Stuck in firmware upgrade screen.

FrontierProject

Reaction score
I tried to root my Sprint S3 2 days ago and used the wrong root, now my phone is stuck on the firmware upgrade screen, telling me to recover with Kies. I've tried this but the first problem was Kies recovery system won't detect the phone and trying to connect it outside of recovery mode simply results in a connection error. How do I go about restoring to a stock sprint rom without without involving Kies, which is a pretty sorry excuse for a program imho.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to root my Sprint S3 2 days ago and used the wrong root, now my phone is stuck on the firmware upgrade screen, telling me to recover with Kies. I've tried this but the first problem was Kies recovery system won't detect the phone and trying to connect it outside of recovery mode simply results in a connection error. How do I go about restoring to a stock sprint rom without without involving Kies, which is a pretty sorry excuse for a program imho.
Download Odin, then go to XDA developers forum and look for the Sprint stock bootloader image for the S3, then flash using Odin, instructions will be given to you at XDA, if you have any questions please let me know.