[Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
They will not release the phone if its not working properly they will lose money and so will Verizon handling the customer service and tech issues. HTC = Garbage their phones have horrible reception and just crappy build quality. Trust in Motorola they will not steer you wrong.

Kind of like how Samsung didn't release the galaxy S phones even though they had GPS problems... oh wait, they did. They also made a ton of money off of them. These companies only care about the bottom line, not their customers. Just because a phone has a major flaw doesn't mean that it will be unusable. It might be something that a lot of people don't use. Who knows...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
They will not release the phone if its not working properly they will lose money and so will Verizon handling the customer service and tech issues. HTC = Garbage their phones have horrible reception and just crappy build quality. Trust in Motorola they will not steer you wrong.

Do NOT trust in Motorola. They are the ones that put crappy lenses in thier cameras on phones, sell phones with horrible keyboards, and booby trap your phone if you try to customize it or remove bloatware. If you buy any motorola device after the D1, even if you payed a lot for it, motorola still owns it, and they decide how you run it.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I have a BB Storm2, and love it, but my NE2 is up in June and I am tired of waiting for RIM to join the rest of the world...too little, too late. I live in Pittsburgh (yes, we are going to the SUPERBOWL!) and have LTE so my next phone must have it, as I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6-12 months. I think I will miss the themes and my email at comcast.net, but I want a BIG screen, faster browser, etc., something I just won't get with BB. The Bionic specs are awesome, although I like the looks of the HTC TB better - love that clock/weather!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a BB Storm2, and love it, but my NE2 is up in June and I am tired of waiting for RIM to join the rest of the world...too little, too late. I live in Pittsburgh (yes, we are going to the SUPERBOWL!) and have LTE so my next phone must have it, as I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6-12 months. I think I will miss the themes and my email at comcast.net, but I want a BIG screen, faster browser, etc., something I just won't get with BB. The Bionic specs are awesome, although I like the looks of the HTC TB better - love that clock/weather!

Sense, which is the interface that HTC uses is award winning. Blur, the interface that Moto uses is complete garbage. I believe in the new Sense you can have themes, but am not totally sure. Regardless there are tons of android apps and widgets you can use to customize any android device.

shdowman

Reaction score
Not for me thanks. If it was the Atrix I would consider, but im not jumping to at&t for the same reason I wouldnt jump for an iphone. Not concerned about bootloader as im sure the functionality is fine with launcher pro. What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone. All those clamoring for the iphone are to thank. It would seem we are now going to move into at&t territory. The Atrix is a much better phone especially in light of the optional accessories that you can get. The Bionic not getting them (when they are really the same phone) is a shame, a dealbreaker and might have android lovers jumping to ma bell for it. After being a devout android follower these past few years, I have no interest in getting an iphone. The cons outweigh the pros. I am sitting on a month to month contract and can bide my time until something compelling is released from vzw. I realize I may be in the minority here, but when you see your friends rocking a laptop dock and you can't because vzw is more interested in the fruit phone...you will be none too happy. The tech is moving at lighting speed...there are still a great many awesome things to come this year! I can wait. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
The x is my first smart phone and I love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

N

Nickchapa

Bionic is sounding like public enemy number one because of thing that may or may not be wrong with it.... with that said, its mine on release day!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wingdo

Reaction score
What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.

Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.

anuraj1

Reaction score
What im seeing, as was mentioned earlier, is that vzw seems to now be getting the "substandard" android phones while the other carriers will be ramping up on the higher end phones. Not saying.the bionic is substandard per se...i can just see how other carriers will look to lock in (pony up for) a bit better phones now that vzw has iphone.

Seriously, somehow all of a sudden VZW has lower end phones? WTF is wrong with the Bionic??? Jeebus, in November / December people were DROOLING over the thought of half of these specs.

i'm still drooling over it haha

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think people just say that because the spec sheet on the Atrix looks better. I wasn't too happy about the ram, but it still has twice the ram of Droid so it's all good. Not having enough ram is VERY frustrating.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
the x is my first smart phone and i love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my droidx using tapatalk
+1+1+1+1+1+1

wingdo

Reaction score
the x is my first smart phone and i love it, but it will be my last motorola device, sadly. My next purchase will be from a company that respects its customer base enough to allow them to mod their phones at will, including the bootloader.

Sent from my droidx using tapatalk
+1+1+1+1+1+1

While I can certainly understand the sentiments, and I love my D1 and the fact I can toss on lots of ROMs, I think that the true base of people running custom ROMs is rather small. In the real world (i.e. NOT on a forum devoted to modifying phones) I'd love to see what the number of modded D1s vs stock D1s is. The D1 is a dream phone for devs as it is basically unbrickable so if there is any one phone to give a true feeling for what is out there that would be the phone.

I also have to wonder as Gingerbread and Honeycomb roll around if I will truly need a phone with an unlocked bootloader. Rooting will give me 95% of what I want, I am not so sure the other 5% is worth ditching some of these wonderful devices over.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The question is how long will it take for those to roll out to your device.

wingdo

Reaction score
The question is how long will it take for those to roll out to your device.

Another question would be security. I love custom ROMs (I've been running them for ages), but true full fledged ROMs (like for the D1, DI etc) you truly do not know if there is anything built into the ROM which could be mining data. Honestly we don't know much about many of these devs. Some even seem to have compromised principles, and while I don't think anyone is doing anything you really cannot be certain.

Again, I am not saying anyone is doing this (again I run custom ROMs), but it is something to consider.

Second thought is that perhaps Moto and others are just tired of people screwing up their phones and sending them in for replacements. If you don't think that happens, you certainly haven't really followed threads over the months.

shdowman

Reaction score

Notice how I put it in quotes?? Every carrier has the option to pay the manufacturer extra money for a bit better "exclusive" phone than the other carriers. (Evo, iphone, droid...) the Atrix trumps this phone in many catagories and it mean vzw didn't want to pay the extra money to moto to get the best phone that they have in the first half of the year because their focus will be on the iphone. Not saying Bionic is a bad phone, just a shame that the amazing accessories and capabilities will be going to AT&T. I think my point is made. And I have yet to drool over any phone. :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App