Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJB

Reaction score
I just used root explorer and removed every trace of swype, and went to my email and re-downloaded the installer just like always... Downloaded just fine and asked if I wanted to install... i say yes, and a few seconds later it reboots... i have no idea what to try next...

T-Dev

Reaction score
The version of swype I am using is the latest update that was mailed to me... I will keep at it... Fixed the picture messaging issue... I removed the stock messaging app. I reinstalled it, and now I get pics on both that and handcent... That must be a handcent thing... Thank you so much for your help! Love the ROM!!!!!!

Im running 2.17.59.15552 and not had any issues..Ive tested it on about 50 dofferent loads over the last month :)

JakeJB

Reaction score
looks like 5th time was the charm... Installed and running great! I am officially issue free! Thanks guys! LOVE THIS ROM!!!!!! Donations on the way!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I just used root explorer and removed every trace of swype, and went to my email and re-downloaded the installer just like always... Downloaded just fine and asked if I wanted to install... i say yes, and a few seconds later it reboots... i have no idea what to try next...

i dont know others are using but i dont know about version. this may be caused by the backgroud picture again(i like to blame everythign on that) :)
That wont be a problem in 2.0 other than taht i just dont know.

speedtigger

Reaction score
First off, I love this Rom, it has ran the best out of all the ones I've flashed so far (at least 5 different ones).

Using the original droid and on 1.3 and using blacked out theme.

1. First issue was the exchange e-mail. Got it fixed downloading the e mail apk from the sticky.

2. Call log gets compressed and garbled.

3. Unlock slider has ghost image when used.

4. Alarm clock time is black (unreadable)

5. Dockbar on home screen randomly disappears.

I know most of these are being addressed with 2.0, I wanted to say thank you for the hard work and putting out a quality stable ROM.
Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
First off, I love this Rom, it has ran the best out of all the ones I've flashed so far (at least 5 different ones).

Using the original droid and on 1.3 and using blacked out theme.

1. First issue was the exchange e-mail. Got it fixed downloading the e mail apk from the sticky.

2. Call log gets compressed and garbled.

3. Unlock slider has ghost image when used.

4. Alarm clock time is black (unreadable)

5. Dockbar on home screen randomly disappears.

I know most of these are being addressed with 2.0, I wanted to say thank you for the hard work and putting out a quality stable ROM.

2, 3 and 4 will be corrected in 2.0. As far as 5 I am pretty sure that's a feature with ADW. It's not actually disapering it's another dock so-to speak. If you swipe up on the dock you'll see nothing until you drop apps in there. It's kinda like flip away storage for more dock apps :)

I am not an avid ADW user so someone correct me if I am wrong ...

speedtigger

Reaction score
I always used launcher pro because of the extra space for apps on the dockbar. Thanks for the heads-up , you were correct in that its an additional dock bar. I'm a little chagrined I didn't catch it in the first place, but it makes me even happier to be using the Sourcery ROM, thanks again!!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I always used launcher pro because of the extra space for apps on the dockbar. Thanks for the heads-up , you were correct in that its an additional dock bar. I'm a little chagrined I didn't catch it in the first place, but it makes me even happier to be using the Sourcery ROM, thanks again!!

I am a big LP user and the transition to ADW isn't easy to make IMO :)

flyinion

Reaction score
So when you flip up the dock bar on ADW how do you get the original 3 icon bar back? I've ran into that on both Sourcery and CM7 nightlies that I'll accidentally flip it up and then I'm stuck. Only way I figured out how to get it back was go into settings and change it from 3 to 5 icons and back to make ADW restart.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
So when you flip up the dock bar on ADW how do you get the original 3 icon bar back? I've ran into that on both Sourcery and CM7 nightlies that I'll accidentally flip it up and then I'm stuck. Only way I figured out how to get it back was go into settings and change it from 3 to 5 icons and back to make ADW restart.

You can disable the hidden dockbar: ADWSettings->UI Settings->HiddenDockbar->Dockbar (uncheck)

If you like the dockbar you can go to: ADWSettings->General Behavior->Gestures-> and change one of the gestures of your choice to be "Open/Close Dockbar" I personally use swipe up to open/close the hidden dockbar. This way you can get 5 icons on the main dockboar and another 6 on the hidden one.

I hope these options are all in the same place, I'm using ADW.EX

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
its touchy :)

you just need to flip up and down until you get it than play until you get the feeling of it i had problems with it at first also.

Logan3824

Reaction score
The apps ur having problems with are most likely in the /system/app folder themed apps can be updated if they're in the data folder u just lose ur theme images but yea what apps are u trying to update?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

facebook, dropbox, mybackup pro, lookout, miren, rom gripper,

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay that's odd none of those apps are included in the rom those are the only ones that won't update? And what does it do does it start to download and then not install? Did u install those apps with an update.zip or straight from the market?

The apps ur having problems with are most likely in the /system/app folder themed apps can be updated if they're in the data folder u just lose ur theme images but yea what apps are u trying to update?

Logan3824

Reaction score
Okay that's odd none of those apps are included in the rom those are the only ones that won't update? And what does it do does it start to download and then not install? Did u install those apps with an update.zip or straight from the market?

Will download, won't install. And I restored them using TB, it worked fine until 1.3 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.