Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Now that the "Gotta have it now's" purchased theirs. I'm going to see how the battery life is and then wait it out a month or so.
Even though I'm usually 99% sure of the device I'm buying when the time comes..... that's my MO as well. Early professional reviews are always nice, but I prefer real world reviews. I find the 1-2 month mark gives everyone plenty of time to find any hardware/software related issues. Consistent battery life numbers are always much more accurate as well since everyone usually has all of their apps downloaded and their respective cache files built up.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quick initial impressions
- LOVE the build/weight/feel of the device (coming from the LG G4)
- Love the fact that it's practically the same size as the G4 yet has a bigger screen and front facing speakers!
- The wood back (charcoal ash) feels really nice! Not slippery at all!
- LOVE the fact the the charger has a cord of sufficient length! (guessing it's approximately 4' long, maybe slightly longer)

That's about all for now ... haven't even powered it on as I have to get back to class :(
All good news. Give us that battery impresh when you get an idea yo.

on the move..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
All good news. Give us that battery impresh when you get an idea yo.

on the move..
Certainly will ... I was petty pleased with it on the first day setting it up. Charged to 100% before first powering it on and got just over 4 hours SOT (like 4:20ish) in a little over 8 hours or so. Now I know that sounds horrible, but that was downloading apps, setting the phone up (including Moto's awesome sauce apps!) , adding & syncing two Gmail & one exchange account and your typical initial phone foolery (few games of asphalt 8 (front facing speakers RULE!), Play Music, snapping pics, testing GPS, etc.).

Given that, I went to bed at 11 with 96% and woke up at 7 with 76% ... None too thrilled about that. BUT, I forgot to put active display to sleep and had like 20 emails when I woke up, so I am sure that contributed to some drain. Also, it seems Moto's feature (i.e. the talk to me when I am home, is "learning" as I am seeing GPS being polled frequently. Hopefully the polling will lessen with time ...)

Overall quick thoughts are that this phone will be on par with or slightly better than what I got on the G4. Which I wasn't thrilled with but learned to adjust to.

OH, ALMOST FORGOT - Turbo Charge ... Went from 5% to 100% in one hour and 20 minutes! And that was with some light use while it was charging (checking emails, some Tapatalk, a quick adjustment to a setting). Seems that in the same way LG accounted for less than stellar battery life by giving away a free battery and external charger, Moto was sure to get the device charged in as short as time as possible to compensate for (what could be) less than stellar battery life.

Obviously the jury is still out ... I think we'll all have a handle on accurate battery performance after a week or more.

Edit: in regards to the significant standby drain ... Just checked my stats again and "time without signal" is registered at 79%!! Not sure what's up with that, but it definitely will negatively affect battery

MOTO X PURE EDITION!

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Another observation for those who like to use the device while it's laying on a flat surface ... It's FAR more stable than the G4 for this type of use. Even though the X is also curved, it doesn't spin or rock nearly as much! You can actually easily use the calculator with chasing your phone around your desk LOL

MOTO X PURE EDITION!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I've read battery life has been about average, I don't care if it gets me over a day, I just want it to last me through a day. I've never had a phone last me multiple days and I charge my phone nightly anyway.

on the move..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah I've read battery life has been about average, I don't care if it gets me over a day, I just want it to last me through a day. I've never had a phone last me multiple days and I charge my phone nightly anyway.

on the move..

Same here ... don't need more than 1 day. I don't think, with my use/behaviors, there will be an issue getting through a day. On longer days I quick stint on the charger will juice it up to may it through ...