Solved Prepaid activation help!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had a Samsung prepaid phone through AT&T and just got my S4 Tuesday with Verizon to use on their prepaid plan, porting my number to them. Like a dummy, I did not turn off the old phone when activating my S4. So now, I have to carry both phones around because my S4 will only text certain people and all calls are still received on my old phone. Verizon said the port has completed but, in the phone status, my S4 says its not connected to the mobile network. However, my AT&T phone still says connected. I have done a factory reset and at first, my S4 said connected but disconnected a few minutes later. Is there something I'm missing? Is there any way to "reactivate" a SIM? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update: It turns out that I can only text Verizon users on my S4. Anyone have an idea??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey brother.. Sorry to hear of issue.. I remember when I switched from t-mobile to AT&T I had to carry both phones for a day even when port was completed..

M8 tap'd

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got it fixed. Something messed up with the auto activate so they resent it and everything works now!

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Droid DOES!!

And good to see you back around.

Good to be back around, my friend!