Problem with lock screen pin

mdhaliwal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have used Rubix for a long time and I just finally convinced my friend to get it on his phone (he was coming from stock). He uses an exchange server so he had to put a pin on his phone. Everything was good until he had to restart his phone. He originally set a 4 character pin but after the first restart it asked for 5 and now its asking for ten..What do you think the problem could be?

Thanks

Reaction score
i think the easiest solution is to have his exchange administrators remove that pin policy in exchange...
depending on the company's policies and his influence on IT's security practices that might not be possible...
i use rubiX with exchange w/o a problem but I'm in IT and we specifically disabled that pin policy for our android phones.

beyond that i don't really have a fix...did he have a pin when he was stock?

OP
M

mdhaliwal

Reaction score
i think the easiest solution is to have his exchange administrators remove that pin policy in exchange...
depending on the company's policies and his influence on IT's security practices that might not be possible...
i use rubiX with exchange w/o a problem but I'm in IT and we specifically disabled that pin policy for our android phones.

beyond that i don't really have a fix...did he have a pin when he was stock?

Thanks man...that's what we thought the problem was. It was just weird cause that's exactly how his exchange was set up before on the stock rom. Anyhow he decided to go stock.

Reaction score
I have no idea at what level in a rom that exchange stuff lives to make a guess about if it could be rom related or not.
I believe there was an OTA update that the DXs took that actually "broke" the pin stuff because effectively what it did was turn on the feature. We got burned because that was a setting that we had on by default but the phones weren't setup to use it so it never mattered.
I think that was one of the first OTAs after the DX was released.