Problems purchasing Apps or Widgets

Krazy8

Reaction score
Cannot seem to get passed the invalid credit card message when trying to purchase apps or widgets. My credit card number and CVC code along with all my personal information in Google settings are correct. If I try to purchase I receive an invalid credit card message with the ability to add new card or cancel. I have tried another card and still receive same message. All credit cards are active and available for use.

Am I the only one....thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Are you tring this straight through the market? If so get on your home pc and setup google checkout there. I had the same issue at first as well and that solved it. You just need to have google checkout done, and you have to do it on a pc can't do it from your phone. Hope this helps.

OP
K

Krazy8

Reaction score
That's the frustrating thing. All my google checkout data was set up originally through my laptop before I tried my purchases through the phone. I may try to delete everything and resubmit although some things you know just aren't going to solve the problem.

I appreciate the help anyway..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cannot seem to get passed the invalid credit card message when trying to purchase apps or widgets. My credit card number and CVC code along with all my personal information in Google settings are correct. If I try to purchase I receive an invalid credit card message with the ability to add new card or cancel. I have tried another card and still receive same message. All credit cards are active and available for use.

Am I the only one....thanks

I had the same problem. I had a credit on my Discover card so I entered it to purchase. Not sure why, but Discover will not authorize for purchases out side the USA. If the purchase has the British Pound symbol try a VISA. That worked for me.

Mike

OP
K

Krazy8

Reaction score
Mike,

Changing the card to a Visa worked. My American Express would not work as well so not sure if the same problem applies.

Thanks for the help..Now I can begin my home page creation..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Changing the card to a Visa worked. My American Express would not work as well so not sure if the same problem applies.

Thanks for the help..Now I can begin my home page creation..

Great!

What app are you purchasing?

When you finish the customizing please send me a PM and I'll provide an email address so that you can send screen shoots.

Mike

OP
K

Krazy8

Reaction score
Right now I'm just starting off with Beautiful Widgets to see how far I was to take the customization. I would be more than open to any other cool apps/widgets recommendation to get me started.

I will send over after completion..thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just starting off with Beautiful Widgets to see how far I was to take the customization. I would be more than open to any other cool apps/widgets recommendation to get me started.

I will send over after completion..thanks

I have BW They are very nice. Several skins to pick from. The active weather is a nice touch.

Have you rooted your phone? If so, what ROM are your running?

I'm having a lot of fun with all of the customization. I want to learn about customizing the icons. That looks like fun and should really change the appearance.

Mike

OP
K

Krazy8

Reaction score
Not yet.. I want to see how far I can take it on a local level before I get over the fear of rooting it. I hear once you do its crazy amazing. I'll let you know if I ever want to begin that journey.

Customizing the icons will definitely give it a whole new look. Good luck with that..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet.. I want to see how far I can take it on a local level before I get over the fear of rooting it. I hear once you do its crazy amazing. I'll let you know if I ever want to begin that journey.

Customizing the icons will definitely give it a whole new look. Good luck with that..

I understand about rooting. I read, read, read, and read some more about it.
Not sure what finally convinced me but I'm glad that I did.

If you decide to root read the forum. There are several different processes. I used Matth3W's (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html). His requires you to enter the OS commands while others have it automated. I chose Matt's because I like to know what is and is not being added to my phone plus, Matt was a real help during the process.

Mike