Problems with Froyo 2.2 for droid X?

avt123

Reaction score
Only problem I am having is my received messages in Handcent are showing a time four hours behind (Like if it comes in at 8pm, it shows 4pm instead). I'm sure it is just an app problem because my stock SMS app isn't doing this and I have reinstalled Handcent a few times and it only happens in that app. Hopefully there is a fix soon. Otherwise, Froyo has been treating me really well!

yurdle

Reaction score
Installed froyo yesterday on mine and my dads phone... we both plan on testing battery life today but he noticed his seemed to be better even yesterday.. i wasn't paying attention.

Scrolling is alot smoother and think seem quicker.
Flash is great.. though some videos are kinda choppy
So far I have had no problems at all. I am very happy with it =)

johaBBa

Reaction score
Zero problems here.

Coming from rooted 2.1u1. Now have rooted 2.2. Other than flash I don't see a bunch of new stuff. A couple new widgets. Battery seems better. I have been actively using my phone since upgrading to retrain the battery. Probably not needed, but I thought I'd drain the battery and look for problems. Going on 8 hours of mostly browse usage. 20% left.

I haven't seen any of the issues others have reported on this forum or alldroid.

I mainly just wanted flash. I can't get hulu to work but flash games and apps at fullscreen are smooth once loaded.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Im having an issue where when i answer the phone or make a call no one can hear me. As soon as i put speaker phone on they can hear me clear as day.:icon_evil:

How do i go back to 2.1 without clearing my phone again? I don't feel like re downloading everything?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My battery usage still FC. Other than that no.

If you are using any kind of battery widget, uninstall, reboot, and then try again. I was having the same issue and figured it out. Now no problems since... just an FYI, my battery life is fantastic so far as well.

No battery widget here, seems to be a sporadic problem sometimes it will FC and some times it won't. Cleared cache, but really don't want to do a restore just for that.

throwscoach

Reaction score
The battery life for me with 2.2 is absolutely terrible and I can't stand it...usage for maybe 10 minutes knocks down my battery 10%...

So, ran a small test with the phone battery today with froyo, though not sure how reliable the data is since I had GPS still on from last night for about 2 hrs today, after 12 hours of pretty good use: about 30-45 min online, 2.5hrs on the phone (speaker phone), and listening to a 45 min podcast, around 100 or so texts and scoring updates from the baseball and football games, plus playing a few games for 10 min while waiting and small google searches to find some stores; my battery life is at about 15%.

To me that's pretty good. I also realized about 2 hrs ago that the froyo update turned up the brightness setting I had, so I have to take that into account.

avt123

Reaction score
Had it going for few hrs now and its awesome x is faster in every way.....only thing is landscaped home screens would be nice

That would be nice. If they do that, I hope they change the way Android handles widgets when in landscape. It kills them. Every time I use to switch into landscape, my YouTube widget would stop fully functioning, and only some options would work.

besjr69

Reaction score
There were some improvements, but I saw no game changers. I would like to go back to 2.1 but the RSD Lite instructions don't work. My phone is no longer recognized by USB. If anyone else has a work around, please let me know.

Bobby

Mayze

Reaction score
I can't believe they did not fix the NO landscape from homescreen or Apps Screen. I HATE THAT!!!!! I mean not enough to go back to my Storm II but I miss a lot of features from my Storm II.
I want a hard END button.
I want Landscape to be available from anywhere.
Better battery life would be nice as well.

I mean all I've noticed as being different in 2.2 is the lock/unlock icons.

Can someone please tell me why I just wasted 6 hours trying to root my phone to load 2.2???
Am I missing something?? What else is new here??

You do realize that the 2.2 that you've loaded on your phone is a leaked version right? This is probably not the final build.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
wifi issues again

Unfortunately, my wifi issues had resolved BEFORE I updated to 2.2...I was finally able to use wifi consistently at home (AES+TPK) as opposed to TPK only or WEP
but alas all good things must come to an end....now my wifi connects/ disconnects all of the time...oh well back to 3G all of the time...DOH!

throwscoach

Reaction score
I've run into an unfortunate problem with the 2.2 beta. When I reboot, the battery manager gives me an error. After searching around, I've learned that there must be a bug with the system because once I plug back in, it works again. Hopefully the official push works out this bug because I like this over the 2.1 battery manager...much more useful.

You also can not refresh the screen.***

OP
ggaabe

ggaabe

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my wifi issues had resolved BEFORE I updated to 2.2...I was finally able to use wifi consistently at home (AES+TPK) as opposed to TPK only or WEP
but alas all good things must come to an end....now my wifi connects/ disconnects all of the time...oh well back to 3G all of the time...DOH!

My wifi was fixed too and I have to say I am much happier now. Before it would not work at all, and on top of that, I could leave my phone sitting in one spot and it would go from 1X to 3G 1 bar to 5 bars to 0 bars all in one minute, and after the update that's all been fixed. If your wifi disconnects a lot try this: Go to Settings, Wireless & Networks, turn wifi on (if it is already on keep it on), Select wifi settings, manage networks, then click the menu button and select advanced, Select Wifi sleep policy and change it from when screen turns off to "Never". This will use more battery though so I recommend putting the wifi on/off widget on the home screen so you can turn it off everytime you are done using it.

trebb

Reaction score
I can't believe they did not fix the NO landscape from homescreen or Apps Screen. I HATE THAT!!!!! I mean not enough to go back to my Storm II but I miss a lot of features from my Storm II.
I want a hard END button.
I want Landscape to be available from anywhere.
Better battery life would be nice as well.

I mean all I've noticed as being different in 2.2 is the lock/unlock icons.

Can someone please tell me why I just wasted 6 hours trying to root my phone to load 2.2???
Am I missing something?? What else is new here??

Lololol. You realize that the storm is the only touchscreen phone that has landscape on the home screen right out of the box? I would HATE for mine to be like that. If you download a home replacement like Launcher Pro or ADW launcher you can do this with ease. Also, you don't have to be rooted to install froyo 2.2. Sounds like you're just not looking into things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk