Problems with Polarized Sunglasses

Ffej207

Reaction score
My wife and I just got our phones a week ago. So far I am thrilled with all but a few things. One thing that is bugging me is that I cannot see the screen through my sunglasses when I turn the phone sideways. This is not a HUGE issue right now, but when we get 2.1 and Navigation, it's going to be useless if I've got my sunglasses on.

Anyone else notice/experience this?

CatFishDom

Reaction score
I noticed that with there Eris. I have the Droid and polarized sunglasses and have no problems

brochaos

Reaction score
i use mine in my car mount, horizontally, and i wear polarized sunglasses, but i really don't find it much of a program. although depending on the lighting, sometimes i do have to flip my glasses up to see.

My wife and I just got our phones a week ago. So far I am thrilled with all but a few things. One thing that is bugging me is that I cannot see the screen through my sunglasses when I turn the phone sideways. This is not a HUGE issue right now, but when we get 2.1 and Navigation, it's going to be useless if I've got my sunglasses on.

Anyone else notice/experience this?

OP
F

Ffej207

Reaction score
i use mine in my car mount, horizontally, and i wear polarized sunglasses, but i really don't find it much of a program. although depending on the lighting, sometimes i do have to flip my glasses up to see.

Do you have a Moto Droid? If so, it's not a problem with that phone.

OP
F

Ffej207

Reaction score
I still can't believe no one else has run into this.

Jeepers

Reaction score
I wonder if it depends on what 'brightness' you have your phone - I had a problem seeing the screen on Navigation - with regular glasses - polarized - that darken automatically - but I changed the brightness on the screen and had no problem - just a thought

Chilazr

Reaction score
One thing that is bugging me is that I cannot see the screen through my sunglasses when I turn the phone sideways.

Fascinating. Does that mean the Eris has a polarized screen? As I recall some LCDs go black if I looked at them with my sunglasses on. But I've run out of contacts and have been wearing regular specs for a while, so I don't remember.

Fortunately, Navigation does work in vertical orientation, so you could mount it that way. :)

Kinda ruins it though. :(

Maybe, but why? I would rather see that my turn is coming up in 4 blocks than know what the 4th street to my right is called. I think that we've just become so used to seeing horizontal layouts on the stand-alones that we think the navigation should be that way. Kinda like when people thought that you saw less movie in Widescreen format because there were the letterbox bars running across the top and bottom of the screen. I prefer it vertical, but that's just me.

brochaos

Reaction score
oops wasn't paying attention to where this thread belonged. yes, i have a droid. never tried it with the eris. i could see how that would be a problem though...

drawbridgep

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised the Moto Droid doesn't have the same problem. I would have thought all LCD screens would turn black. But I'm no expert. The Nexus would work though since it has an OLED screen.

OP
F

Ffej207

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised the Moto Droid doesn't have the same problem. I would have thought all LCD screens would turn black. But I'm no expert. The Nexus would work though since it has an OLED screen.

I'm more surprised the Hero doesn't have this problem. They're like 99% the same phone, right?

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Droid works fine with my polorized ray bans. If you look at angle it looks kinda weird, but fully functional.