Problems with Yahoo mail

Reaction score
I am not having any problems with Yahoo on my Motorola Droid. You might want to delete your account settings and then set it up like in this video.

[video=youtube;Qq0WrfZmG1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0WrfZmG1I[/video]

Last edited:

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issues using the native email app to check my yahoo email. The thing is that it WAS working until tonight...

Raj

Reaction score
Yahoo! Email

My Yahoo! email works fine on 3G. Switiching to WiFi gives me a "Connection Error" and later "Username Password not Correct." On switching back to 3G, Yahoo! mail works fine. Tried this on 2 phones. Any suggested solution?

Reaction score
My Yahoo! email works fine on 3G. Switiching to WiFi gives me a "Connection Error" and later "Username Password not Correct." On switching back to 3G, Yahoo! mail works fine. Tried this on 2 phones. Any suggested solution?

Their are no soloutions for this, yahoo some how blocked standard isp's (Somehow they can tell the diffrence between them and the ones for mobile phones) from using those connections to prevent people from using outlook or windows mail on their computer without purchasing a premium account through them. Its kinda lame, I am not going to lie.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Their are no soloutions for this, yahoo some how blocked standard isp's (Somehow they can tell the diffrence between them and the ones for mobile phones) from using those connections to prevent people from using outlook or windows mail on their computer without purchasing a premium account through them. Its kinda lame, I am not going to lie.

Yup that's pretty much how it's done. As long as you stay 3g your fine.

OP
G

gstreez

Reaction score
Couple of questions -

1) Mine is not able to set up, and I have wireless off and solid 3g coverage, any ideas?

2) If I use the 'clear accounts', I'll have to reload all thee of my accounts, right?

3) New2u - is the 'asia solution' correct?

4) Does it work with a premium yahoo account? I have friends, family, and clients with that account, so if it works that way, I might be willing to pay for the premium service.

Thanks!