PSX4DROID Game Compatibility List

Diordna

Reaction score
i need help, how do i get it the emulator install on my phone? i'm running on SS4.6 and i use astro manager to install my downloaded apps. Thanks!

Buy the app, it'll install it on your phone.
Get the BIN file to your phone though, and open the emulator and choose that BIN file and you'll be ready to emulate.

PyGuy

Reaction score
Motorola Droid with Slayher Kernel @1GHz

Chrono Cross - A little slow without the OC, otherwise pretty playable!
Megaman Legends - Only the slightest bit slow when a lot of effects are on the screen.
Rayman 2 - Cutscenes are unplayable forcing you to skip them, game itself is perfect.

trev186

Reaction score
Here is a list of games I have gotten to work on my N1 not rooted running Froyo with a 32 GB class 2 card

FF9: (will freeze in Dali but I managed after several attempts to get it through) I am currently in disc 3 but the part where Alexander is summoned is not passable on the phone. I used the pSX emulator to get through the CGI there. A lot of people report this one as working but that is in fact incorrect with the Dali crash and Alexander crash I would say this game is not functional. Using a PC emulator to make it work is just a quick fix

FF8: Works map is slow...but in all versions of roms, compression, game Ids and rips I can make the Garden does not move. This means you have to play ALL of disc 2 on your PC until you get the airship. So FF8 does not work

FF7: Submarine is bugged you have to use a PC Psx emulator to play those parts (I would say that is a serious issue because this is not a graphics issue or hardware compatibility issue this is an issue with the coding of the emulator)

Legend of Legaia: First training battle is impassable on phone (whenever you learn a new arts move or sometimes when you use hyper arts) the game will freeze. After the first battle you can learn new arts moves on the phone; just save before you do cause the freezing is random. Once you have learned the move it will not freeze anymore

Xenogears: Sinks into the land but so far is playable because you can still interact with your surroundings it just looks weird

Valkyrie Profile works ok. I have heard people say it does not work will test some more to find out why.

Resident Evil 1-2 and Dino Crisis: Work great. make the trackball the aim button and you are good to go on these games with a N1

Tomb Raider 2: wont load a new game or load a game I have saved on the memory card. This is because you actually need the .cue file that comes with most games to play this. Something to do with the music in the game.

Tomb Raider 3 works but this game was not as good as T1 and T2

Driver Works

Twisted Metal 2 and 4 Works but twisted metal 4 does not let you alter the controls which makes it harder to play because you have to use the l and r buttons a lot which are hard to use on touch screen

Parasite Eve 1 and 2 1 is fine 2 will not load. It is stuck at published screen.

Breath of Fire 3 and 4: 3 works but 4 you ge stuck at a wall. You can pass it on PC but I have not tested to see if you get stuck again after that point.

Metal Gear Solid:will not start a new game or any of the other menus. Cannot even load a game. makes the PC work around useless...this game needs to work. Though I am not sure how we would beat psycho mantis on the phone only would have to use PC but better than nothing

Tekken 3:Way too slow. I did manage to rip all the videos from the game though and now it is only 45 MB on my phone

Brave Fencer Musashi Works

Einhander Works

Final Fantasy Tactics Works

Grandia works

Hot Shots Golf Wroks

Legend of Dragoon: Works

Lunar 1 and 2 Work great looking forward to playing them more

Silent Hill Sometimes you disappear in the back ground but works

Star ocean 2 works ok there is some slowness when starting new game as Claude

Tenchu Works but this game's voice overs were terrible

Vagrant Story: DOES NOT WORK. AI wont load...wish people would stop spreading false info that it works great. You cannot gain exp or items if the enemy AI dont load. You also cannot progress as at certain points you loot keys from bosses who wont generate loot if their AI dont generate. This is another Emulator problem.

Warcraft 2 works

Wild Arms 1 and 2: work

trev186

Reaction score
Tested a few more games I have not seen mentioned anywhere:

Again using my N1 with 2.2 default PSX bios all games as EBOOT

Alundra: No slowdowns works great

Azure Dreams: works flawlessly

Dino Crisis 2: works better than Dino Crisis one.

Fear Effect 1 and 2: Work great I have feeling for some of these multi disk games you will have to change discs on your PC unless they ask you to save right at disc swap area which many do not.

Hoshigami: ruining the Blue Earth: works fine

Jade Cocoon the Legend of Tamarayu No slowdowns works great

Tales Of Destiny 1 and 2: Both works great. Also if you want this series do not download Tales of Phantasia for your PS emulator because you can get a SNES translated one which is a fraction the size and the exact same game.

Vandal Hearts 1 and 2 Both work good. Vandal Hearst 2 is a little slow.

Thousand Arms I thought this game would work no problem but it does not. New game screen is black but you can hear music and manage to start the game. It loads but the ground is not rendered and eventually the game freezes. It is possible to skip this part on a PC but the game will freeze again in a short amount of time regardless.

Funny how out of all the popular games the emulator has a ton of problems but out of the less popular games I try the emulator runs flawlessly.

nickelocene

Reaction score
I need help please. FF9 freezes at the cut scene at Dali once they board the air ship. Tried all roms available and can't get pass it, always force close. anyway I can bypass the cut scene? Thanks

Droid 2.2 OC 900MHz

trev186

Reaction score
I need help please. FF9 freezes at the cut scene at Dali once they board the air ship. Tried all roms available and can't get pass it, always force close. anyway I can bypass the cut scene? Thanks

Droid 2.2 OC 900MHz

The Dali crash....I managed to get through it by rapidly pushing buttons on the touch screen of my N1. However I recommend you download the emulator pSX (yes just like that pSX) For a PC and follow the instructions to set it up. Much easier than epesxe. Play through that part save the game on memory card and copy the memory card back over to your phone.

nickelocene

Reaction score
The Dali crash....I managed to get through it by rapidly pushing buttons on the touch screen of my N1. However I recommend you download the emulator pSX (yes just like that pSX) For a PC and follow the instructions to set it up. Much easier than epesxe. Play through that part save the game on memory card and copy the memory card back over to your phone.

Thanks. I will try that. Where can I find the memory card data for those programs on the phone & the pc?

trev186

Reaction score

Thanks. I will try that. Where can I find the memory card data for those programs on the phone & the pc?

Memroy card data is in your .psx4droid folder on ur SD card. Simply put those files in the pSX Pc emulator mem card folder. then go to configure the memcard on the pSX PC emulator and select those files (no need to rename them)

Once you have done that you can load the game and play it on your mem card and then save at a moogle and re copy that memcard file to your .psx4droid folder

nickelocene

Reaction score
Memroy card data is in your .psx4droid folder on ur SD card. Simply put those files in the pSX Pc emulator mem card folder. then go to configure the memcard on the pSX PC emulator and select those files (no need to rename them)

Once you have done that you can load the game and play it on your mem card and then save at a moogle and re copy that memcard file to your .psx4droid folder

Thanks, it worked. Now I can continue with my favorite game. :)

One more question, is there any way pSX can read the quicksave from PSX4Droid and other way around? I'm not talking about the memery card save, but the .ss# saves (for PSX4droid) and .psv saves (for pSX).

Thanks,

trev186

Reaction score
No the saves states are not transferable. They are emulator specific.

I am on disc 4 of FF9 now and I can tell you all of the places it will skip and require PC emulator

Disc 1: Dali airship
Disc 2: Entering Clerya (depends on version of ROM) I had one which said published by SquareEnix and it worked as opposed to the one which said Squaresoft

Disc 3: The last half of the Alexander Bahamut battle. Save in Treno before card tourney cause u cannot save for awhile after that

Disc 3: At the very end in Terra when you defeat Garland it will freeze again.

So Far disc 4 seems ok but i imagine the ending will freeze...

Uktar

Reaction score
Tried doing this but for some reason even though i have memory card data on my phone, when i explore the phone to find the mem data i cant find it. i have a .bin file a .sso file and a .cue file. Only disc 2 has .sso file. Cannot find any memory card save files. and i have 3 of them. trying to circumvent the point where you have to use the submarine.

trev186

Reaction score
Tried doing this but for some reason even though i have memory card data on my phone, when i explore the phone to find the mem data i cant find it. i have a .bin file a .sso file and a .cue file. Only disc 2 has .sso file. Cannot find any memory card save files. and i have 3 of them. trying to circumvent the point where you have to use the submarine.

.psx4droid has your memcards. mcd1001 or something like that is card 1 and card 2 for the other one.

What you can do is then use pSX emualtor for PC. You do not even need to bother copying and pasteing the memcard files back and forth. What I do is mount my phone and then just configure pSX to load the memcards straight from my phone's .psx4droid file. once your done you just close it all up and memcards should be good

Uktar

Reaction score
the problem is that the memory cards dont even exist according to my pc. I cant find them even when exploring the phone. its really odd. in my folder i have, roms file and the csph.bin file. then in the roms file i have the three FF7 discs with the files mentioned above. no mem files at all.

Uktar

Reaction score
i connected the phone up to the pc with usb cable, went through the files and still nothing. i know they exist but they just won't appear. the files are all saved on the internal sd card the galaxy has. would unmounting this do anything? also how the hell do you change the cpu settings for phone speed?