PSX4Droid => General Discussion

DMFA

Reaction score
Works great for me with cycle multiplier 6, anti-alias on, refresh rate default on Droid X oc'd to 1.25 GHz. If I run it slower than that, it lags, but I maintain 60 fps at that processor speed.

Oh, and I can't get fast forward to work. Is that because the machine had enough trouble keeping up with it at normal speed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dtizzle

Reaction score
I have a droid 2, got psxlite runs great, I was under the impression that I could load my saved games, they save find and it finds a memory card but i cannot load the game once i ext the app, anyone else experience this?

DMFA

Reaction score
I have a droid 2, got psxlite runs great, I was under the impression that I could load my saved games, they save find and it finds a memory card but i cannot load the game once i ext the app, anyone else experience this?

You can only save/load in the paid version. Once you close the app, it all gets cleared.

DMFA

Reaction score
FPSE out :) I personally don't like the UI or virtual keypad but it's great for a first release! €3.59 which is a little over $5 iirc

Chalky White

Reaction score
Anyone load the parappa the rapper rom on their droid? Everything appears fine until the sound starts. It plays very fast, the loading screen, videos, even the settings appeared fine. Tried every possible setting in psx4 with no luck (refresh rate is at 30, but I think thats unrelated). Just one fast playing rom. Most likely the copy of it or something else? I'm on a bone stock dx with the newest updates if that helps narrow it down

So far I only found 3 copies of the rom online, all were the same. dont know any good sites ... pm's appreciated.

Last edited:

solar

Reaction score
anyone have an issue version version 2 not stretching the screen when you choose that inthe option area? I choose that but it still keeps the original ratio. the version 1 demo does stretch correctly when set in the settings.

negiman4

Reaction score
Works great for me with cycle multiplier 6, anti-alias on, refresh rate default on Droid X oc'd to 1.25 GHz. If I run it slower than that, it lags, but I maintain 60 fps at that processor speed.

Oh, and I can't get fast forward to work. Is that because the machine had enough trouble keeping up with it at normal speed?

Whoa whoa whoa... Your saying I have to overclock my droid to get it to work right?? I know I'm a bit late here.... Sorry.

DMFA

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa... Your saying I have to overclock my droid to get it to work right?? I know I'm a bit late here.... Sorry.

In that case, you should use FPse. The way it uses frame-skip allows it to work properly on slower devices.

Little Big Talent

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just flashed my Galaxy to Android 2.3.2 and tried to run psx4droid. The App starts fine and everything looks normal but as soon as I try to start a game, it first does nothing, a second later the screen turns black and a very light vibrating rythme is coming twice after another. Than it jumps back to the "Choose Rom" - List. The vibrating is just like a stuck programm in Android when it has to be killed. I never tried the emu before on a previous version so I just would like to know if anyone had these problems before. I tried a few different games and bios-files, none worked at all.

Thanks a lot!

Marisa

Reaction score
I just downloaded the new free version of this from his website (after the market pulled it). I've got my roms up and running, but cannot map the physical keyboard on my Droid 2. Only the virtual keyboard is working. Anyone have any ideas?

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I just downloaded the new free version of this from his website (after the market pulled it). I've got my roms up and running, but cannot map the physical keyboard on my Droid 2. Only the virtual keyboard is working. Anyone have any ideas?
Mine too... I remember it worked on my OG Droid, but psx4droid 3.0 will not let me use the keyboard. If I go to map keys, it senses them fine, but in a game they simply don't do anything... anyone got any ideas?

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Seems the keyboard issue is the same for everyone, regardless of phone. The comments on his site are flooded with them.

My main problem is that save states aren't working. No, not from a previous release, but from 3.0.3 only. Tried with FF7, hit menu, save, select any slot, and I'm returned to the game with no messages. Then hit menu, load, and see all the slots are empty. Luckily, the actual save points in the game itself function fine, and load properly. Save states would be great though :(

solar

Reaction score
Unfortunately I bought this when it was still for sale and it never worked quite right. Either save state issues, or screen scaling issues, etc. I'm since moved on FPse which works better for the most part, but it has its quirks. But at least i can actually use it. :)
Too bad Yongzh didn't make one. His emulators are the pinnacle or mobile emulation. The best hands down.